Sponsored by:

tesco's fuel

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2006, 09:29 PM
miltski
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tesco's fuel

when I got the car and ever since everyone i've spoke to who owns a performance car has recommended using optimax fuel, yet recently when shopping at ikea in lakeside I filled up at the tesco's near by on their expensive stuff, and I'm not sure what the difference in the RON is with this compared to optimex, but the car seemed to feel faster, and I got more miles to a tank than every other optimax fill up i'e had since, now was I lucky or has this got something to do with the ECU i my car, apparently is from a 95 or 96 jap sti
tbh regardles of what everyone seems to be telling me, I'll be filling up woth tesco's stuff from now on methinks
did i mention that when i filled up at tesco's it was 97p a litre, and where I can get optimax from its 104?
what does everyone use on their imports etc?
Old 06 July 2006, 09:31 PM
MY06WRXboy
Scooby Newbie

I think the Tesco stuff is 99 RON - now wonder there was a difference and it's cheap by the sounds of things...
Old 06 July 2006, 10:07 PM
demonsurfer
Scooby Regular

i use tesco 99 as my car is a import. jap fuel is about 102 octane thats why your car would have liked the tesco stuff as the ecu is set for high burn fuel
Old 06 July 2006, 10:39 PM
Sweepickit
Scooby Regular

I use 99ron tesco fuel with a shot of additive taking it up to 101ron. Jap fuel is 100ron so my jdm wrx feels pretty much at home!
Old 07 July 2006, 01:21 AM
scoobie_eccosse
Scooby Regular

Location: edinburgh scoobies-555 wagon squadron- s.w.a.t.s.a.r
Default fuel

Originally Posted by miltski
when I got the car and ever since everyone i've spoke to who owns a performance car has recommended using optimax fuel, yet recently when shopping at ikea in lakeside I filled up at the tesco's near by on their expensive stuff, and I'm not sure what the difference in the RON is with this compared to optimex, but the car seemed to feel faster, and I got more miles to a tank than every other optimax fill up i'e had since, now was I lucky or has this got something to do with the ECU i my car, apparently is from a 95 or 96 jap sti
tbh regardles of what everyone seems to be telling me, I'll be filling up woth tesco's stuff from now on methinks
did i mention that when i filled up at tesco's it was 97p a litre, and where I can get optimax from its 104?
what does everyone use on their imports etc?
i use optimax on ma jap import its only 98p up here in scotland but from what ive been told by subaru as long as u run it on 98ron and no lower it will be ok any lower than 98ron and u will melt a piston but they also sayed they recommened optimax as jap imports run on 100ron but tescos is bringing out 101ron soon and even subaru has backed that rumour up the only other way round it is changin the ecu for a uk ecu losses so bhp though?
Old 07 July 2006, 01:36 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i agree too. my jap wrx runs better on tesco 99. i duno if its an 11 year old car or what, but get better fuel economy (not really noticeable though) and seems to purr and gurgle better. here its 96.9p and optimax is around 98.9 99.9p so i know what i prefer...
Old 07 July 2006, 11:21 PM
scoobie_eccosse
Scooby Regular

Location: edinburgh scoobies-555 wagon squadron- s.w.a.t.s.a.r

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
i agree too. my jap wrx runs better on tesco 99. i duno if its an 11 year old car or what, but get better fuel economy (not really noticeable though) and seems to purr and gurgle better. here its 96.9p and optimax is around 98.9 99.9p so i know what i prefer...
yea no what ya mean its actually cheaper for optimax up here than tesco super that 104 a litre bloody rip off i dont really notice that much diffrence but she does sound better on optimax