Sponsored by:

Has anyone gone from civic typr r to bugeye

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2006, 12:24 AM
god3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone gone from civic typr r to bugeye

Opinions please on the comparision between MY02 wrx bugeye standard and Honda civic typr R.

Quickest,handling,fuel????

Thanks
Old 28 June 2006, 12:37 AM
John57
Scooby Regular

I went from a CTR to a MY05 WRX / blobeye .... and found it alot softer than the CTR. I assume the bugeye will be similar ?

The CTR is alot firmer in the suspension dept but can't put any power down on even damp roads. The steering is also awful on the CTR compared to a Scooby.

Speed wise I think the CTR will actually feel a bit quicker though figures say otherwise. Over 60 I think the CTR would probably have it - from 60 to 100 they are quite rapid though drop out of Vtec on each gearchange unless you are quite practiced. The Scooby power delivery is much smoother and progressive but doesn't have that Vtec surge. I have driven one std bugeye WRX and found it a bit slower than my blobeye, which, as I say, barely felt quicker than our CTR ...... until I added PPP . I now find the Scooby quite a bit quicker than a CTR ..... though still very soft.

Basically a different package than a std WRX - more like an STi in some ways - i.e. the suspension, handling,, brakes but not as complete a package as a Scooby.

Petrol wise I used to get anything from 27-36 in the CTR ..... the Scooby manages 21-24mpg !!!
Old 28 June 2006, 12:52 AM
god3
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that fella, just done a search here and found out loads, seem to be saying the same thing as you
Old 28 June 2006, 02:17 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Went from 53 plate CTR to 02 WRX, at first regretted it slightly, CTR seemed more fun, untill you learn to drive the Scoob properly, then had a decat and never looked back.

Totally different cars, but had the Scoob for two years now, and had the CTR for little over 6 months before getting bored.

Was eating tyres in the CTR in about two months
Old 28 June 2006, 08:26 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do what i did M8 and get a blobeye STi PPP, that was my step from my CTR and theres not even a comparison, not having driven a standard WRX i'm not in a position to comment on what they're like but the STi is better in every department than the CTR except maybe one and thats Petrol. lol.

I loved my CTR when i had it but the lack of torque low down in the rev range and the terrible steering feedback (or should i say lack of steering feedback) was my biggest dissapointment. They are quick little cars once u get them above 5500 RPM, quick enough to keep up with a WRX on most types of road i'd imagine, but if your thinking of changing i'd save up a bit more and go for the STi, just be ready for your own gold Optimax card and a personal friend in the bloke who works behind the counter in your local Shell petrol station