Sponsored by:

5K-WHICH SCOOBY IS BEST??

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2006, 12:40 PM
speed-demon
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5K-WHICH SCOOBY IS BEST??

Hi i have always wanted a classic, always intendid on getting a late sti v5 or v6, but looking possibly at a golf vr6 for a few months, ive come across a few wrx sti v2 or v3's. now cld somebody explain to me the difference between a normal turbo, and a red top or blueprinted engine. Also what is the fundamental difference in the sti lump ( i remember something abt a fifth injector). pls help, as all of a sudden im watering at the mouth of finally getting my hands on my first scooby!!
Old 25 June 2006, 01:10 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

You'll be needing this http://www.sidc.co.uk/faq.htm. Godspeed brother
Old 25 June 2006, 02:43 PM
speed-demon
Scooby Newbie

thanks a lot JT, thats a helpfull start bro
Old 25 June 2006, 04:52 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

The VR6 is a nice car, lots of understeer but if driven smoothly can make really rapid progress in a fairly relaxed manner.

I always say this when people post looking to buy an Impreza on a fairly restricted budget but...

In general an unmodified standard UK car is going to give you less trouble than an imported car and it would top my recommendations list. If you can get a nice 1999 or 2000 UK car then you will have lots of fun and should you wish to modify it then that option is open to you. I would advise putting the money into a standard UK car therefore.

The other thing I would also say is that you can't really run the Impreza for the same money as a Ford of a similar age and so it is worthwhile having a few quid in the bank to cope with likely problems. There are very few 6+ year old cars that don't need some work. My 3 year old UK STi was going to cost me about £3k in tyres, brakes etc. in it's 4th year and while an older car might not cost as much depending on how you wanted to keep it you might want to keep this in mind. So, worth budgeting for a few quid to sort out problems.