advice on whether to private sell or P/Ex a scoob

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2006, 11:26 AM
*smiles*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question advice on whether to private sell or P/Ex a scoob

Hi,

we are looking to get another scoob but not sure whether it is best to sell privately then look for another one or if we would get a better deal doing a p/ex with a dealer on another one, or are the dealers going to rob us blind, i.e give us nothing for ousr then try to ask over the odds for theirs

Scenario in our case is change our 04 wrx wagon and buy two cars, one being another scoob wagon, would have about 7k to spend so for that money woukd be a classic (not too sure about the bug) maybe an Sti would aslo come in that price bracket if we could finf one.

Any advice appreciated if anyone has done similiar and do you generally get robbed when you p/ex for say an older scoob, because most people i guess p/ex an older for a newer.

Cheers
Old 21 June 2006, 12:06 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Smiles I would try and sell private thats what I did,you will always get a better price than through the dealer who will always give you the bare minimum plus he has overheads, sometimes it takes a while tho that is the only downside.
Old 21 June 2006, 01:13 PM
*smiles*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gussy
Smiles I would try and sell private thats what I did,you will always get a better price than through the dealer who will always give you the bare minimum plus he has overheads, sometimes it takes a while tho that is the only downside.
cheers gusy

I am going to put it on here and pistonheads at the weekend, was thinking about putting it on e-bay with a reserve then starting it at 99p or something silly to generate some interest, anybody ahd any experience or luck selling a car thriugh ebay or is it just hype and waste ofg money and effort
Old 21 June 2006, 01:23 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Well the best thing to do would be sell it private BUT the way Subarus are selling at the moment and at low prices you may get a better offer doing a p/ex from a dealer.
Old 21 June 2006, 01:27 PM
*smiles*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Granby
Well the best thing to do would be sell it private BUT the way Subarus are selling at the moment and at low prices you may get a better offer doing a p/ex from a dealer.
cheers Granby, i am going to give it a go with a delaer, see what sort of money they offer, but thing is havent seen any i want from a dealer