A new WRX STi or what?

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2006, 06:32 AM
markmarkymark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking A new WRX STi or what?

Morning All.

Been a long time since I posted here but always pop in and have a look from time to time.

I have a 2 year old WRX My04 PPP and been generally impressed. Decided on the WRX over the Sti mostly on the rid quality as we had a 6 month old baby at the time of purchase - he is now 2 1/2 and loves the car.

We bought the car on a balloon payment idea - cash lump sum - payments - final sum. This deal ends July 2007 and we will have about £7000 left to pay on a 3 year old car - not something I fancy....

Circumstances have changed somewhat and I will be able to buy the next car for cash. I have looked at the market place and I still do not think there is anything out there that 'does it for me' like the WRX - nothing has the same 'mix'. The problem is - what to do?

I could go out and buy a new WRX Sti and fit PPP. I certainly like the look of the car. However, I noted in many car mags that the new model is supposed to be out in Jan 2008. Therefore If I were to wait until July 2007 and then buy the next car then, it will be out of date in 6 months! I know we all face this type of problem but is there anyone here that has decided against an upgrade for that reason? I did quite like the look of the latest pics of the 'new' car but it’s supposed to only be a hatch and 2 door which may not be so good for the kids?

On the other hand – should I worry? Perhaps the deals in July next year will be good for the very reason the new car is on the way?

Watcha think?

Mark
Old 17 June 2006, 07:40 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by markmarkymark
Morning All.

I did quite like the look of the latest pics of the 'new' car but it’s supposed to only be a hatch and 2 door which may not be so good for the kids?

On the other hand – should I worry? Perhaps the deals in July next year will be good for the very reason the new car is on the way?

Mark Welcome,

There are some good deals on at the moment but as normal July may be better WRX free PPP, Free 5 year service and warranty and 5 year 0% finance also deals on the STi.

In hindsight will always be "better" deal or a "Newer" car coming out. I can recommed the new Sti 2.5PPP a very nice car and also personally recommend the T20 STi 2.0

Enjoy life and just do it

Tony
Old 17 June 2006, 08:23 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JDM is the way to go

Tony