Sponsored by:

Car thieves 2 - Grrrrrr

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2001, 11:47 AM
juan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
totally - limited powers to do owt.
all they can do is slap their wrists. The law needs changing and we need to kick their scrubby @sses hard, and set up more youth clubs etc.

wheras by catching legit motorists 'speeding' they can actually raise some cash, and it seems nowadays everything boils down to budgets etc. so thats what they get told to do. I'm sure the old bill would like to give these kids a good kicking just like the rest of us really but they can't even touch em.

illogical captain.
We need a hardline govt. but no chance there I guess :-(
Maybe a good vigilante movement needs setting up

[Edited by juan - 11/2/2001 11:49:03 AM]
Old 02 November 2001, 08:29 AM
Seamus
Scooby Regular

Angry

Last night (10:30ish) I was driving back to my village a few miles outside Northampton. Quickest route is a field road (single track) for the last 2 miles. 2 (at least) car thieving scumbags decided they were going to banger race their stolen cars along there, destroying signs and finally leaving them wrecked in the hedgerows.
This road is regularily used by people walking dogs etc and more importantly my girlfriend uses it to get home too. I have no doubt these scumbags would have taken pleasure in ramming anyone who happened to be driving along there at the time. She is now afraid of using that stretch of road at night, which considering we live in very rural area is extremely upsetting.
Following on from the other thread this week it is time something was done about this kind of idiot, and high time Northamptonshire council started spending their excessive speed camera income on something useful.
Old 02 November 2001, 08:54 AM
mook
Scooby Regular

Angry

Seamus > couldn't agree more young man, these idiots are a disgrace and we need some proper legislation to keep them off the roads
Old 02 November 2001, 09:09 AM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Angry

Here here,

I met a friend at Maccy D's near us a couple of weeks ago. Whilst we were chatting we heard screeching tyres and over revving engines. Accross the road from us was a retail park car park and some lads were razzing the ar$e of a new Rover 25. Whether they'd pinched it or whether it was their parents I dont know, but they were basically lapping the car park as fast as they could, pulling handbrake turns, (with no skill) and navigating the barriers at brakeneck speeds, burnouts, doughnuts and all manner of dangerous life threatening manuevers. At the far side of the car park was a group of 15-20 youngsters, male and female cheering them on Later we were told this happened every friday and saturday night but that the police do very little about it. Two of the shops have had to have refurblishments recently after fire damage from burnt out cars left at the end of the night and the car park itself is fcuked!!!!! The next night I saw two traffic police hidden behind a transit van trying to catch people speeding after midnight, on an open road where the speed limit is illogically low. I'm sure that is such a great comfort to those who find their cars missing and destroyed the next day[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02 November 2001, 09:35 AM
Seamus
Scooby Regular

Why don't they do anything? Is it:
a) These kids are generally too young to do anything worthwhile to?
b) They're afraid of them?
c) Can't be bothered with the hassle?
d) Limited powers?

My girlfriend was caught speeding a while ago leaving the village 30 limit entering a 60. The police stood inside the 60 zone speedgunning people still inside the 30 but accelerating out. What is that all about? Do they expect to gain respect by using tactics like this?

When I was a boy the police used to give you a clip if they caught you doing anything dodgy. Goes against human rights now apparently, assault etc? Bunch of ****.