Sponsored by:

STOLEN Evo7 black Y509 DBA

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2006, 08:14 AM
neverneverman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOLEN Evo7 black Y509 DBA

STOLEN FROM POCKLINGTON LAST NIGHT AT 3am!!!!!!!!!!!
After spending ££ getting engine rebuilt about 6 weeks ago theiving scum F***kers came in the night last night , broke into to house for the keys !!!
Old 13 June 2006, 08:19 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Theiving scum
I Will keep an eye out but i doubt i will see much at this end of the M62

Tony
Old 13 June 2006, 08:59 AM
AVZ
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that mate. Will bare it in mind as i dont see that many around my way. Gutted for you

Hope the get the F******
Old 13 June 2006, 09:07 AM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Dare I ask did it have a tracker?

Originally Posted by neverneverman
STOLEN FROM POCKLINGTON LAST NIGHT AT 3am!!!!!!!!!!!
After spending ££ getting engine rebuilt about 6 weeks ago theiving scum F***kers came in the night last night , broke into to house for the keys !!!
Old 13 June 2006, 12:06 PM
D1CCY
Scooby Regular

I don't live far from Pocklington, will keep my eyes peeled. Also gutted for you.

Diccy.
Old 13 June 2006, 12:31 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gutted for you.
Old 13 June 2006, 12:36 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Serves as another reminder to all, hide the keys in the house. This is the new wave of crime, robbing the keys.

Gutted for ya
Old 13 June 2006, 12:41 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
Serves as another reminder to all, hide the keys in the house. This is the new wave of crime, robbing the keys.

Gutted for ya
I have to admit, mine are hidden, but I still wonder whether it is the best policy. If they are prepared to break in to the house will they then wake you up with a baseball bat around the knees or head and demand the keys? Hopefully most are cowards and wouldn't want a confrontation but i have often wondered about it.
Old 13 June 2006, 12:44 PM
neverneverman
Scooby Regular

It wasn't mine(thank god) but an extremely good mate( and his mrs as it was her car) You cant have anything nice nowadays without sc*mb*gs thinking they can have it There have been quite a few thefts of nice cars round this area over the last couple of years.

Last edited by neverneverman; 13 June 2006 at 01:10 PM.
Old 13 June 2006, 12:49 PM
neverneverman
Scooby Regular

Nice idea, its just if they ARE HAVING THE CAR NO MATTER WHAT, I have a 5year old, she would be absolutely scared ****less if someone came upstairs.
She was bad enough when Nick was on the phone to us this morning to tell us about it-fast asleep to wide awake looking worried in about a second!!
Old 13 June 2006, 01:14 PM
Sport160
Scooby Regular

Gutted for ya
Your having a laugh aren't you. I leave my key on full display on the windowsill next to front door. If you want the car, just pop in take the keys and don't bother to wake me up !!

If you want the wifes car as well that could be a little more tricky, as god only knows where she will have left the keys (she certainly won't)

Seriously though its insured, I will just buy another one with the insurance payout.

edited to add "sorry to hear about this, hope the scum get caught"

Last edited by Sport160; 13 June 2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 13 June 2006, 01:50 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sport160
Your having a laugh aren't you. I leave my key on full display on the windowsill next to front door. If you want the car, just pop in take the keys and don't bother to wake me up !!

If you want the wifes car as well that could be a little more tricky, as god only knows where she will have left the keys (she certainly won't)

Seriously though its insured, I will just buy another one with the insurance payout.

Each to their own. I think it's called "Prevention". If you had a face-off stereo, i bet you'd remove that. So why put Subaru keys in the window? Asking for trouble!!

I agree about the insurance though. It's is only a car, and it's insured
Old 13 June 2006, 01:52 PM
AVZ
Scooby Regular

Does not help the poor chap who lost his/her Evo. I have to admit though, i do the same. I aint hiding the keys. If someone is desperate enough to break into my house and nick the car then they are welcome to it.

I suppose the best advice to everyone is to think twice before buying dodgy looking cars or parts. There are plenty of genuine people out there selling genuine parts but if you know you looking a nicked gear. Give it a wide birth. I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around but there are always people who are just damn unlucky.

Originally Posted by Sport160

Old 13 June 2006, 01:56 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

but why should your insurance go up if you claim? yer you would get a new car but it would cost you more for claiming in the first place. i agree prevention not temptation is a better way. sounds silly maybe but i would prefer a confrontation rather than inviting them in too steal my car and raise my insurance while theyre down the local flogging bit of it away on the cheap at my expense...
Old 13 June 2006, 02:01 PM
imprezarb5
Scooby Regular

leave car keys downstairs, but keys to disklock upstairs, at least if they break in and get keys, you are likely to be disturbed by house alarm (assuming you have one) giiving you time to either call police or arm yourself appropriately.
Old 13 June 2006, 02:16 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Living fairly close to there, it does worry you seeing things like this, but i now just reside myself to the fact, if they want it, they will take it.

The last time a friend had his cars pinched near me, they broke into his house took keys for his Cossie, 3000gt and Shogun, only the Cossie was found, just being put into a container near Hull Docks!
Old 13 June 2006, 02:26 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Thats bad news mate! Hope you find it soon.

A bloke not far from my house had his front door kicked in and had a gun put to his head demanding the keys to his brand new Scooby WRX while his kids where a sleep in the house, so anyone who is going to use violence to get your car you might as well just give it them as your life is more important then a piece of metal on your driveway!

I hide my keys in the dogs basket, anybody who can get past him can have the car. But I doubt you wont be able to change gear with no left arm!
Old 13 June 2006, 02:38 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

The worrying thing is that these people are breaking into peoples houses so easily, often at night when people are at home and usually without disturbing the occupants.
Every place I've lived in i've always managed to break back in when i've locked myself out. It's only when you lock yourself out that you realise how weak your home security is.
Instead of leaving your keys in plain view and locking yourself in the bedroom for the night it's a much better idea to spend a couple of hundred quid on some proper security measures for the house.
Window locks (with the keys easily to hand in case of fire) , a strong front door , patio door locks etc, etc,, will put off most opportunist thiefs and they'll move onto a softer target down the road.
On the other hand if you put your keys on the shelf next to the front door they'll just pop the letterbox and fish out your keys with a 10p metal coathook.

I'm a big beleiver in not making it easy for these people, if they can get into your house without making masses of noise they'll generally not bother.

Hope your mate gets his EVO back though
Old 13 June 2006, 02:49 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

the thought of leaving keys on view for anybody to just come and take them is absolutely .
yes, if you have children etc you do not want any form of confrontation but its fairly easy to hang them downstairs on a key rack out of view from windows etc.
the sort of idiots that carry out this crime are more often teenagers as young as 13 yrs and younger praying on the fact that you will be scared of them and any confrontation will leave them petrified.
my advice is not to be a hero and have a full on scrap with any burglar but perhaps leave an alarm fob and dummy keys on a key rack, burglar alarms, extra locks internal and external and all other forms of basic security measures are a must.
carjacking however is a different storey and almost unavoidable.
Old 13 June 2006, 02:52 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about your car mate, not sure if you will want it back if it is found - either way i hope the thieving scum get whats coming to them!!

Can only imagine how peed off you are especially after spending big bucks on a rebuild.

GB
Old 13 June 2006, 03:16 PM
Scooby-Monster
Scooby Regular

Get a coppers outfit and hang it in the hallway near the stairs. If they look through the letterbox to get an idea of what's what it may deter them.

Mind you with police as useful on thieves as my 3 year old son, I reckon I'd be better off chasing them out the house with my hard-on.

Sorry about the theft dude.
Old 13 June 2006, 03:44 PM
ScoobyBird!
Scooby Regular

Nasty people around soory to hear abour your car... hope the tw*ts get court
Old 15 June 2006, 02:12 PM
AVZ
Scooby Regular

Camera's have got to be a good idea also. I know it wont save the car but you might just be lucky enough to get a picture of these scumbags.
Chances are they are fairly local or known to the police.
Old 15 June 2006, 02:27 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about the motor.

It happens with all vehicles but it's highlighted hear and people think it's common with the performance cars.

I really worry about my scoob being stolen but then I speak to my neighbour who is on the neighbourhood watch committee and she tells me about loads of car thefts which have been with mainly Merc's and BMW's

I'm sure the exec cars suffer the same fate.
Old 15 June 2006, 02:28 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about the motor.

It happens with all vehicles but it's highlighted hear and people think it's common with the performance cars.

I really worry about my scoob being stolen but then I speak to my neighbour who is on the neighbourhood watch committee and she tells me about loads of car thefts which have been with mainly Merc's and BMW's

I'm sure the exec cars suffer the same fate.
Old 15 June 2006, 04:23 PM
swanny2k
Scooby Newbie

I live 5 miles from pocklington, and i think I know this evo. Will let everyone know and if I hear anything, i'll be sure to let you know.

No car can be 100% safe, if they want it, they'll take it.

Thats what insurance is for.

Anyhow, it'll most probably be in hull somwhere
Old 15 June 2006, 04:33 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

well i hide my keys in my sock drawer and have a loverly club next to my pillow and will rattle round the head of anyone who wants it
Old 15 June 2006, 11:01 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AVZ
Camera's have got to be a good idea also. I know it wont save the car but you might just be lucky enough to get a picture of these scumbags.
Chances are they are fairly local or known to the police.
cameras are pointless unless it has aclear shot of the ******* face which unless they are real ammatures.......probably not
Old 15 June 2006, 11:14 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

CCTv is good but you need a GJD system which alerts me and the dog as soon as anyone goes any where near the house.

Also have cctv.

Things you have to do to try to save the car