Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

GATSO flashed twice. Was it me?

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2001, 11:32 AM
NAP6W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can speculate all day but until you get the summons...... my mate was flashed going up to Aberdeen, so he said his mate from Australia was driving. They asked for proof, so he got him to fax to say he had been over and borrowed the car to go golfing. Got off scot free.

[Edited by NAP6W - 11/1/2001 4:26:07 PM]
Old 01 November 2001, 11:11 AM
Group Captain Smudger
Scooby Regular

I doubt it as I was stuck behind a skip lorry and it double flashed as I turned into a side street at about 15mph. The camera faces uphill but grid lines are on both sides of the carriageway. There is a central reservation but no barrier - it's just paving. My question is is this photographing speeders going uphill and coming down? It's three lanes up and two down. What happens if three vehicles breaking the limit at the same time line abreast? WHICH ONE WOULD GET DONE?
Old 01 November 2001, 11:38 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Cool

NAP, I'd edit that quick if I was you to refer to your mate getting off scot free, in a similar story he told you about.

I saw a gatso double flash behind me months ago and I know for a fact I was doing less than 30, but a transit van had just turned across in front of me and gone off uphill in the oppsite direction.

I reckon that the bulk of the van confused the radar as it was there one minute, gone the next, so it took a photo. It would be obvious from the picture I was not speeding. And that's the nub of your question.

Were you speeding? No, then don't worry about it.

Old 01 November 2001, 01:30 PM
suba
Scooby Regular

Arrow

i know some camera goes off when a car from the other side of the road was speeding (opposite direction)!
Old 01 November 2001, 01:51 PM
mook
Scooby Regular

There's a camera near me that goes off when something going TOWARDS it is going too quick, but it only flashes once and just blinds you.

As it happens I saw a couple of flashes behind me the other day - coming out of Dorking going southbound on the A24. There were no lines on the road and I couldn't be sure if it was meant for me. Nothing has come through yet so we'll see. Would be a pain though, I've been clean for years
Old 01 November 2001, 02:27 PM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

I set off a camera (going towards it) every morning if I can.
It seems to be set at 45mph for a 30 zone, I love trying to time it so that someone is in the zone (with the camera behind them) when I set it off.
Top sport.......