Sponsored by:

is this acceptable?

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2006, 07:25 AM
calvinc
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this acceptable?

the following pictures are of an ecu i shipped from South Africa to Seattle. prepare to be shocked! the receiver emailed me these pictures this morning.

the item was shipped using the following courier company:

DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL DHL

i'm completely shocked...i'll bet most anything that DHL will play dumb and completely indemnify themselves. i haven't spoken with them yet. the owner has bought a MOTEC so the loss of the ecu can be contained (it was not insured though) but its still the aspect of service delivery that i expect to be honoured.

www.tari.co.za/images/dhl/IMG_1996.JPG
www.tari.co.za/images/dhl/IMG_1997.JPG
www.tari.co.za/images/dhl/IMG_1998.JPG
www.tari.co.za/images/dhl/IMG_1999.JPG
www.tari.co.za/images/dhl/IMG_2000.JPG

calvin.
Old 04 June 2006, 07:31 AM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

how can you even ask if thats acceptable ?

That is disgusting, but what baffles me is why the recipient actually sign & accepted it. If I had something in that state delivered to me I would refuse to accept it & contact DHL straight away. I may be wrong, but when you sign for goods delivered, dosn't it say on the form " I accept that the goods were delivered in good condition"

hope you get it sorted mate
Old 04 June 2006, 07:53 AM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

As you were shipping out of SA , I would suggest that there was a 'local taxation' applied . So much goes missing of anything that may look of value that it's a big risk....

Steve
Old 04 June 2006, 08:13 AM
calvinc
Scooby Newbie

how can you even ask if thats acceptable ?
rhetorical question.

That is disgusting, but what baffles me is why the recipient actually sign & accepted it. If I had something in that state delivered to me I would refuse to accept it & contact DHL straight away. I may be wrong, but when you sign for goods delivered, dosn't it say on the form " I accept that the goods were delivered in good condition"
it was accepted on the recipients behalf. he only arrived back yesterday.

calvin.
Old 04 June 2006, 09:39 AM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Drop it Hide it Lose it.

Deffo should not have signed for it.
Old 04 June 2006, 09:53 AM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Calvin, want to send me some KVW brandy and some biltong??

Your Brandy is amaxing stuff

MB
Old 04 June 2006, 09:56 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's poor, it's so badly damaged you'd almost suspect it was deliberate
Old 04 June 2006, 09:58 AM
g01dmember
Scooby Regular

Thats disgusting...But the others are right, it should have never been signed for...I`m sure they will now say it was fine when we delivered it.

Or the person who signed for it should have wrote when they signed that packaging was damaged...

Also, cant believe you was sending something like that and didnt take out any insurance with it...You was just asking for trouble...

Anyway, i hope DHL do the right thing and give you some compensation for whats happened..

Good Luck...
Old 04 June 2006, 10:13 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

if only it were as simple as someone not signing it because its damaged. i had a spoiler delivered that was damaged but due to an unplanned holiday someone else took delivery and signed for it, when i confronted the courier they basically said tough its been signed for as delivered in good condition...
Old 05 June 2006, 08:57 AM
calvinc
Scooby Newbie

Thats disgusting...But the others are right, it should have never been signed for...I`m sure they will now say it was fine when we delivered it.

Or the person who signed for it should have wrote when they signed that packaging was damaged...

Also, cant believe you was sending something like that and didnt take out any insurance with it...You was just asking for trouble...

Anyway, i hope DHL do the right thing and give you some compensation for whats happened..

Good Luck...
if only it were as simple as someone not signing it because its damaged. i had a spoiler delivered that was damaged but due to an unplanned holiday someone else took delivery and signed for it, when i confronted the courier they basically said tough its been signed for as delivered in good condition...
if you look at the yellow packaging in 1 of the photos there is no way it matches the damage to the contents. how could the receiver have known the extent of the damage?

i have just spoken with DHL and they tell me got stuck in the conveyor belt on the sorting line. brought the whole line to a stop. heck knows why it was even sent on then? also say they dont know how much compensation DHL will be willing to offer since it wasnt insured. waiting for someone from customer care to contact me.

calvin.
Old 05 June 2006, 12:20 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

are you sure its not supposed to look like that...?!

seriously, ive had an issue with that particular company recently...so much so that i gave up in the end...!!!