Sponsored by:

TSL - a good day out

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2006, 09:45 PM
nickejmartin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSL - a good day out

Spent all day at TSL today - so big thanks to Graham and all staff for excellant service and all the advice given. Car was in for Firestorm, gauges and rear lights and drove brilliantly on the way back. Glad to see the Firestorm still makes people stare on the motorways!!

Puts the faith back in human nature when there are still companies around that operate like TSL. Haven't seen anything like it for ages and 100% recommend anyone who wants anything done - spend some time going there and rest assured it will be a first rate service.

My company manufactures food for major retailer and the TSL premises would put ours to shame!!
Old 02 June 2006, 10:26 PM
dogpole
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nickejmartin
and drove brilliantly on the way back.
what else did they do??
Old 02 June 2006, 11:19 PM
ninjacost
Scooby Regular

Spent all day at TSL today - so big thanks to Graham and all staff for excellant service and all the advice given. Car was in for Firestorm, gauges and rear lights and drove brilliantly on the way back. Glad to see the Firestorm still makes people stare on the motorways!!

Puts the faith back in human nature when there are still companies around that operate like TSL. Haven't seen anything like it for ages and 100% recommend anyone who wants anything done - spend some time going there and rest assured it will be a first rate service.

My company manufactures food for major retailer and the TSL premises would put ours to shame!!
Got to agree with you ,TSL are a great outfit ,Graham's a top bloke doesn't give you any bull s*** just sound advice
Old 09 June 2006, 12:17 AM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

Well after much ummin and rrrr with over 1 year and bit warranty left...im booked in with TSL next friday for suspension work, geometry, braided hoses then on the following tuesday its TSL pulse exhaust fitting, panel filter and a good 'ol 333 remap..and in the bin goes the ppp. Great run down from John (TSL) over the last few months with my ummin and rrrring as has been said very helpful indeed and am looking forward to my visit, and of course the results I will post in 10 days

Someone is booked in next friday for some work on their impreza if its you, lets do breakfast and talk grease :-)
Old 09 June 2006, 09:02 AM
silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

If your looking for a decent pint and a bite to eat:

Turn right out of TSL and head out of the village (tight right followed by tight left).
Follow a fantastic undulating country road (down hill, over small bridge, round 3 or 4 tight bends) and you eventually end up in WYSALL. The Plough pub is on the left (car park on right) as you enter the village.

When you get the scoob back (especially after the suspension work) explore some of the roads to the south of Keyworth.

Born and raised in Keyworth!!!!!! now living daaarn saaf (down south)
Old 09 June 2006, 09:24 AM
Scooby-Monster
Scooby Regular

Just out of interest mate, what guages did you go for, and how much was it for parts and fitting?

Cheers,

Dan
Old 09 June 2006, 10:03 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by silverscoobydan
If your looking for a decent pint and a bite to eat:

Turn right out of TSL and head out of the village (tight right followed by tight left).
Follow a fantastic undulating country road (down hill, over small bridge, round 3 or 4 tight bends) and you eventually end up in WYSALL. The Plough pub is on the left (car park on right) as you enter the village.

When you get the scoob back (especially after the suspension work) explore some of the roads to the south of Keyworth.

Born and raised in Keyworth!!!!!! now living daaarn saaf (down south)
also born in Keyworth and totally agree on the roads - their test drive route is awesome

go to TSL for my mods on my 06 (as seen on TSL's website) and my old 02 STi

Great team there and a great fried brekkie round the corner at the little greasy cafe too
Old 09 June 2006, 11:54 AM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

Hehe thanks Dan - The plough does a nice range of Pie, Chips and Beans Im hoping
Old 09 June 2006, 11:58 AM
silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

Spot on.....

a good range of standard pub grub....hope you enjoy!!!!
Old 09 June 2006, 12:37 PM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

sounds like I may have to get TSL to redo the geometry after my visit to the pub
Old 09 June 2006, 01:11 PM
nickejmartin
Scooby Regular

hi dan

I got tsl to fit their own gauges and pod. Fits into the centre dash perfectly and are black with red markings. Looks fantastic. TSL do a choice of colours but being a black car with red trim, these suited perfectly.

However took a long time to fit. It was £235 for the pod and 3 gauges, and best part of 3.5 hours to fit. However they had to remove my old boost gauge first that caused a few problems. Gauges are boost, oil pressure and oil temp.

Great service though.
Old 09 June 2006, 01:21 PM
shailet
Scooby Regular

Yep, I tried TSL out y'day for geometry on my MY00 UK turbo. Car is now so much more solid around bends. Service was good but they didnt tell about the 1hr extra labour needed to undo some seized bolts until it came to pay for it! Apart from that they seem decent and I am certainly going to go back to them for any further bits in the future.
Old 10 June 2006, 12:03 AM
spark666
Scooby Regular

I took mine on Tuesday for a check over and they were ever so helpful.

Found out i have a small oil leak from a gasket, took it back today and they have cleaned all the stump area up and i am due to go back next week so they can see where the oil is coming from,

Booked in on the 22nd for the leak to be fixed and to have there Firestorm fitted
Old 10 June 2006, 04:39 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Wink

pub at bottom of hill does a good bacon butty
martin