Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone used speedofixer...???

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2006, 09:08 PM
adeel.a
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used speedofixer...???

Has anyone used speedofixer...?

A while ago I bought Lockwood white dials and the garage who fixed them unfortunatley made a '**** and bull' of the dial readings (especially the speedo) and failed at all attempts to fix the problem.

Here is the link...

http://www.speedofixer.co.uk/

The problem I have is:

1] when travelling 30MPH, my speedo tells me 38MPH...
2] Temp reading average is always 75%
3] Fuel is reading is slightly out; it under-reads...

Please suggest or help...

PS. I have a 95' Jap WRX only 40k mileage
Old 30 May 2006, 10:45 PM
DEC14N
Scooby Regular

Firstly this may not be anyones fault except the dial makers!
My dials are with a company called elite international at lockwoods expense as the dials i purchased f**ked up my dash readings, then they did the same to the replacement dash I purchased. I contacted a subaru breakers for another dash and they kindly told me that it is extremly common to break the dash when removing the needles from the early ones.
Lockwood have paid for my dash to be repaired, the company repairing the dash say it is not the first time the subaru dials have been broken.
Complain to lookwood they dont advertise the fact that removing the needles can cause damage.
Old 31 May 2006, 03:08 PM
Scoobdogg
Scooby Regular

Drive with your dials out so you can access them, follow someone at 30mph and use a pencil to mark where the needle sits then roughly measure the distant between the 30mph correct mark an the one you have marked. Disconnect your speedo cable remove the needle an put it back on placing the same distance back from the 0mph mark this may work. It has for me before on other cars, ive not tried it on a subaru yet but have fitted white dials to a few cars an sorted ones that are out Speedos are never 100% accurate anyway. Im fitting a set of white dials to my impreza when i get a bit of spare time ill let you know how i get on.

Last edited by Scoobdogg; 31 May 2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 31 May 2006, 03:17 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

i got a set of lockwoods last year and they did supply warnings in the pack that you can damage the needles etc.

Your best bet is to leave everything connected (speedo), but have the plastic faceplate off the dash. Then as scoobdogg says follow someone who is doing 30 mph and then adjust the needle gently so that you get the indicated reading. It can be done trust me, just takes a bit of fiddling about to do it.

Your fuel and temp, the needles are fixed so they should not be able to remove those. If the dials are the same as mine (purchased from GGR) then they have cut outs so you dont even need to disturb the needles.

The rev counter is a lot harder as you have to wind it round a few times before it even starts to move. There is a website that tells you what speed per 1000 rpm you are doing in which gear, so once you have your speedo sorted, find a quiet road and then make sure your rev counter moves, if it does, get upto a cetain speed that you know what the revs will be, and then adjust the needle again on the rev counter to match.
Old 31 May 2006, 04:22 PM
Steppler
Scooby Regular

Take clocks out of car. Put on table. remove the 'rest' pin and let the needles fall to a natural point on the clock. Mark with pencil in line with needle. Remove needle. Remove face. Fit new face. Put needle back where mark is. Lift up past 'rest' pin and refit. Job done !!

Hope this helps