Sportwagon 2.5 WRX MY06

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2006, 05:39 PM
matt.hook
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportwagon 2.5 WRX MY06

Hi

This is my first post on Scooby net, I am buying a Scooby Wagon this week from Motorpoint Newport,

Having loads of grief with the insurance Co. I have been readin all the forums on here, and and still confused IS IT AN IMport or not??? I understand it is a parrellel one from Cyprus, but I am currently with Elephant and they reckon the 2.5CC model doesnt exist on their systems

Anyone else had the same trouble?

Also, What alarm does everyone recommend, ??? I can get a toad a1066i for £220 fitted, Is this anygood?

Matt
Old 29 May 2006, 06:03 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a parellel import but its not a grey import which a few companies wont touch, and id have a look in the insurance section as you may get better price/service from some of the advertised companies
As for security, i like clifford but its only as good as the person who put it in, but most alarm systems fitted nowerdays are good, but go for a thatcham cat 1 system and a tracker is advised.

Tony
Old 29 May 2006, 07:37 PM
matt.hook
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Its a parellel import but its not a grey import which a few companies wont touch, and id have a look in the insurance section as you may get better price/service from some of the advertised companies
As for security, i like clifford but its only as good as the person who put it in, but most alarm systems fitted nowerdays are good, but go for a thatcham cat 1 system and a tracker is advised.

Tony

Thanks for that Tony, I have got a few numbers of companies in this forum. Cheers for the advice on the alarm

Regards

MAtt
Old 30 May 2006, 08:23 PM
MarkGArgyle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matt.hook
Hi

This is my first post on Scooby net, I am buying a Scooby Wagon this week from Motorpoint Newport,

Having loads of grief with the insurance Co. I have been readin all the forums on here, and and still confused IS IT AN IMport or not??? I understand it is a parrellel one from Cyprus, but I am currently with Elephant and they reckon the 2.5CC model doesnt exist on their systems

Anyone else had the same trouble?

Also, What alarm does everyone recommend, ??? I can get a toad a1066i for £220 fitted, Is this anygood?

Matt
I have an 06 2.5ltr saloon from Motorpoint and have it insured no probs from Elephant - try the website as it is listed under WRX. I am sure the exact cc is 2457cc or something like that - may be why they do not have 2500 listed.

FWIW, I had the Cat1 Sigma alarm fitted by Motorpoint at purchase and seems to be ok. No tracker though as not that many co.s ask for one and the outlay is not recouped by the reduction in premium (plus who'd want it back after some ****** had ragged it to death?)

I will be looking to change them on renewal as I am sure they are quite expensive for scoobies.
Old 30 May 2006, 09:41 PM
matt.hook
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by MarkGArgyle
I have an 06 2.5ltr saloon from Motorpoint and have it insured no probs from Elephant - try the website as it is listed under WRX. I am sure the exact cc is 2457cc or something like that - may be why they do not have 2500 listed.

FWIW, I had the Cat1 Sigma alarm fitted by Motorpoint at purchase and seems to be ok. No tracker though as not that many co.s ask for one and the outlay is not recouped by the reduction in premium (plus who'd want it back after some ****** had ragged it to death?)

I will be looking to change them on renewal as I am sure they are quite expensive for scoobies.
Thanks for that MArk, Great Help Mate, I guess you just tell them its a UK car then? Which it is I suppose.

Cheers Matey I will let you know,

Good news is I got a quote from www.admiral today, who own Elephant, they quoted £395 for me fully C protected, I have 16 years NCB aged 35. elephant want £455 on the website,