Sponsored by:

WRX value?

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2006, 12:27 PM
Sweepickit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question WRX value?

Hi. I have a slightly shortened 1995 WRX import with about 50k miles on the clock. A nice elderly gent pulled into my way and hit me head on ... (hence the shortening) Damage is estimated around £3k...but is mainly cosmetic...(bumper, bonnet, light)... It's touch and go whether the car will be written off... any ideas as to what offer I should accept from the insurance co if they deem it uneconomical to repair?. (Thank God it's a no fault claim). Thanks
Old 29 May 2006, 04:02 PM
Sizer
Scooby Regular

Not sure on value but my misses hit someone in my old one and it didnt look all that bad, only the bonnet creased a bit. But underneath, rad, cross members, slam panel, bumper and a bill of £3.5k from the insurance company.

I argued a fair bit with the insurance company in order to keep it but TBH the repair wasnt up to scratch as Im picky and I wish I had let them write it off now.

I think the bill needs to be under 70% of the retail value of the car before damage.

All in all it may not look much but subaru parts are expensive so I was told, hence the high repair cost.
Old 29 May 2006, 06:28 PM
Sweepickit
Scooby Regular

yep... mines much the same... I guess it depends on the quality of the repair job to know which way to aim for... something you can't know until it's too late. All I do know is performance/drive wise the car was pretty much where I wanted it to be! Cheers!
Old 29 May 2006, 06:31 PM
Sizer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sweepickit
yep... mines much the same... I guess it depends on the quality of the repair job to know which way to aim for... something you can't know until it's too late. All I do know is performance/drive wise the car was pretty much where I wanted it to be! Cheers!
In all fairness to them they done what the ins co. would pay for but the bumper paint wasnt renewed just the grille and bonnet. The ins. co wouldnt pay for the wings to be blown in over the top or for the bumper to be painted so old paint vs new paint.....not good enough for me, only a slight difference but a difference i wasnt happy with.