Your Wisdom and Advice

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2006, 10:43 AM
banjax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Wisdom and Advice

Hi,

I'm going to be getting rid of my TT at the beginning of September for something a bit more interesting. My shortlist is short and to this point consists of three cars - EVO FQ340, Monaro VXR and the WRX STi. My ideal choice would be the Monaro, but I simply can't afford it (no discounts over list price and PCP payments of £847 per month ) likewise, the FQ340 is also to expensive on a PCP. so after some deliberation and reading stuff on this great site my mind is made up: it's either gonna be a WRX Sti Type UK or a Spec.D. But I have some questions which I would like some advice on

I have been offered the Type UK at £24,328 with metallic paint and PPP and the Spec.D with PPP at £25,252 - does this sound like a good deal?

How much difference does the PPP make?

Do you think Subaru will be offering a free PPP upgrade on new cars this year?

Do I need 18" rims with the PPP?

The 18" rims look like a dealer fit option - will they give me a discount on them by taking back the 17's or do I just ebay them?

What's the best tyre choice - I was thinking Toyo T1-r's?

The Spec.D seems to look like a standard WRX and whilst I like the idea of leather, the cheapo satnav unit and blackpool illuminations stereo don't really do it for me, so I think the Type UK will be the ideal choice. The Spec.D also won't have the same annoyance factor from other drivers when you are sitting in traffic!

Your advice would be very much appreciated.

Paul.
Old 27 May 2006, 11:11 AM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I would choose the STi UK. Or even better a Spec C import from Litchfields! You get more for your money with an import.

If you want 18", then try RareRims. Thats where I got my 18's from and ALOT cheaper than the rip off Main Dealers!

Stay clear for Toyo T1-R's though. My rears lasted 5 months and 2000miles of normal town driving!!!!!

Go for Pirellis instead.