Sponsored by:

Help with selling my pride and joy

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2006, 12:07 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with selling my pride and joy

Im at that stage of thinking of selling my car , due to family commitments unfortunatly , Can anyone give me an idea of how much to ask for it and were should i advertise it , i,m in full time work so its proving rather difficult to get around to doing it , i purchased the car over 3 years ago the only thing ive done to it is put new pads all round and discs on the back ,as well as oil change the correct way , every 2 thousand miles and spark plugs , the car has never let me down , its a 94 import imprezza wrx on an m reg ,in white ,very well looked after i give £6600 3 years ago , test tax are due but i would put a full years tax and mot on it before selling , it has a few light scratches on the car due to jealous people ,not too bad though ,was gonna get them done but thought i would just leave it , so people dont think i,m hiding anything by spraying over them , it has 76.000 miles on the clock ,air con , sunroof electric pack and thousands of pounds worth of reciepts ,for de cat ,paddle clutch etc too many to list , car never been thrashed or tracked ,as it was and still is my pride n joy ...
Any help would be greatly appreciated ,or if you know of anyone thats after a reliable wrx please tell them , Thanks alot , if anyones after any info pleases contact me .
Old 21 May 2006, 12:24 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Place it in the AutoTrader

2. Place in in the For Sale Section on here

3. Type in your car spec in AutoTrader and price accordingly

4. Most people have a full time job and can 'get around to doing it' .... so, get off here and do it

Pete

Edited to say:- "De-Cat2" "Paddle Clutch" doesn't actually sit well with the claim "Not Thrashed" ...

Last edited by pslewis; 21 May 2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 21 May 2006, 12:47 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Advertising it as an Impreza instead of an Imprezza might help too
Old 21 May 2006, 01:41 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

If it's white then itll be a Type-RA. Early cars were only available in red silver and black with RAs being available in red and white.
Old 21 May 2006, 02:10 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

cheers boys , maybe deep down i dont want to sell her ,but i,m afraid it will have to go , and i must re phrase a few things ,like the car hasnt been thrashed by myself , but it is a flyer ha ha ha , and i think i,ve got a sticky zzzzzzz , so what your saying is when i do advertise it ide better not mention the fact it has been de catted and had a paddle clutch fitted ? and i,m fairly sure its just a standard 260 bhp wrx i,ve checked the engine and chassis number against records etc , thanks for replys , even the skitty ones , cheers
Old 22 May 2006, 11:52 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

The chassis number is of no consequence, the Applied Model Number will identify the model. WRXs werent available in white so its either been painted or its an RA; thats a fact and not a matter for conjecture.

Simon
Old 22 May 2006, 04:56 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default WRX not RA

Is that right gc8 ,maybe that will explain the shorter gear ratios , but then again the early 95 ish wrx came in white ,red and black until later on when they came in blue, the colour code of the car is feather white ,so no spray job ,and mine does not have a roof vent and it comes with an electric aerial on the rear quarter , 16 "gold alloys, electric sunroof /windows,folding mirrors air con ,abs colour coded handles ,mirrors ,sound proofing etc , so i tend to beleive the subaru book i have ,and am sticking with it being a 94/95 wrx sort of a changeover year with 260 bhp standard from factory and not an R,A
Old 22 May 2006, 09:35 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Feather White is an RA-only colour if it is a 1994MY car. If its a MY95 (manufactured from November 1994) then it was available on the WRX also. Look at the AMN... The model year identifier is the 4th character. A='93; B='94; C='95 (and 1996!). The final three characters identify the exact model: 48D is a WRX and 47D is a WRX Type-RA.

Simon
Old 22 May 2006, 09:37 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

The books are snided with mistakes btw; especially the Chris Rees one.

Simon