Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do CTR'S always want to try their luck!?

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2006, 09:52 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do CTR'S always want to try their luck!?

Been out today doing usual boring Saturday shopping type things and on three separate occasions I have found a CTR sitting large as life in my mirror. I keep reading on here how quick these things are but I beg to differ after today. They do not keep up with STI PPP's full stop!!
Old 20 May 2006, 09:58 PM
speedystu
Scooby Regular

not sure if they keep up but thay are like roller skates, i had one b4 my V5 sti
Old 20 May 2006, 10:10 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by anthscooby01
Been out today doing usual boring Saturday shopping type things and on three separate occasions I have found a CTR sitting large as life in my mirror. I keep reading on here how quick these things are but I beg to differ after today. They do not keep up with STI PPP's full stop!!
Because they're piloted by the same kind of imbecile that drives half the scoobs these days.
Old 20 May 2006, 10:13 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Because they're piloted by the same kind of imbecile that drives half the scoobs these days.
You might also argue that, what's the point in buying a car with plenty of poke if you're never going to use it.
Old 20 May 2006, 10:17 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

bubba po

you are beginning to appear more and more like the infamous ps lewis.
i dont think this site could cope with 2 "grumpy old men"
Old 20 May 2006, 10:18 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby_matt
You might also argue that, what's the point in buying a car with plenty of poke if you're never going to use it.

Simple. You don't use it in competition with someone on a PUBLIC ROAD.

When you're in a race, your appreciation of what is safe driving is compromised. When you're just going for a blast, you are utterly focused on what you and the car are doing and not worrying about whether your widge is as big as the other bloke's.
Old 20 May 2006, 10:20 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

Simple. You don't use it in competition with someone on a PUBLIC ROAD.

When you're in a race, your appreciation of what is safe driving is compromised. When you're just going for a blast, you are utterly focused on what you and the car are doing and not worrying about whether your widge is as big as the other bloke's.
I suppose you've never crept above the speed limit either
Old 20 May 2006, 10:21 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob r
bubba po

you are beginning to appear more and more like the infamous ps lewis.
i dont think this site could cope with 2 "grumpy old men"
I've always been this way. I've mainly confined myself to Muppets because it used to be funny, and limiting myself to occasional excursions into the darkside of the forum.
Old 20 May 2006, 10:23 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby_matt
I suppose you've never crept above the speed limit either
I'm sure you can read. I just admitted that I go for blasts, but I'm not interested in how fast my car is compared to someone else's.
Old 20 May 2006, 10:25 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Exactly!!! Lets face it we all put our foot down occasionally. I love my Scoob to bits and bought it because I like powerful cars and like to use that power, where conditions and speed limits allow of course. Too many people on here claim to pootle about in their remapped decatted uprated Scoobs and never boot them. thats either a complete lie or maybe they should sell their Scoobs and buy a nice little Micra or something.
Old 20 May 2006, 10:59 PM
neoglow
Scooby Regular

The funny thing is, if your age is less than 25, people - and insurance companies - think your a little boy racer. That really isnt the case for alot of people, ie myself. I bought a Scooby because I have an interest in performance cars and have always wanted a fast car. Now that I own one it dosent mean I'm gonna rag the crap outa it and end up in a ditch or in cuffs with the fuzz. I've just spent a wad load of cash on a new toy and dont plan on destroying it.

More to the point, I like cruising around at 'normal' speeds knowing that other people know its a performance car and dont mess with you. There is nothing better than sitting at the traffic lights with a Nova sat next to you jam packed with 'diamond geezers' decked out with a big body kit, big exhaust and neon lights like a big christmas tree. Theyre all looking at your car. The light goes green and you effortlessly leave them clearly in your rear view mirror.

Its a pride thing, a show-off thing. Whatever you want to call it, its you enjoying your pride and joy.

But yes we all floor it now and again, why not? Let that kitten under the hood growl a little. Besides, 130mph on the motorway at the dead of night isnt too bad....is it?

M.

Last edited by neoglow; 20 May 2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 20 May 2006, 11:07 PM
evotastic
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by neoglow
The funny thing is, if your age is less than 25, people - and insurance companies - think your a little boy racer. That really isnt the case for alot of people, ie myself. I bought a Scooby because I have an interest in performance cars and have always wanted a fast car. Now that I own one it dosent mean I'm gonna rag the crap outa it and end up in a dicth or in cuffs with the fuzz. I've just spent a wad load of cash on a new toy and dont plan on destroying it.

More to the point, I like cruising around at 'normal' speeds knowing that other people know its a performance car and dont mess with you. There is nothing better than sitting at the traffic lights with a Nova sat next to you jam packed with 'diamond geezers' decked out with a big body kit, big exhaust and neon lights like a big christams tree. Theyre all looking at your car. The light goes green and you effortlessly leave them clearly in your rear view mirror.

Its a pride thing, a show-off thing. Whatever you want to call it, its you enjoying your pride and joy.

But yes we all floor it now and again, why not? Let that kitten under the hood growl a little. Besides, 130mph on the motorway at the dead of night isnt too bad....is it?

M.
well said that man, get same **** on mlr
Old 20 May 2006, 11:19 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

The 'I beat this' or 'I got beaten by that' topic does seem to be a red rag to a bull for some on here.

Personally I'm not that bothered, but it does get boring after a while.

Most people on here seem pretty sensible, so anyone bragging about doing anything on the public highway that will give Imprezas a bad name doesn't go down well.

Bp's reply was a bit harsh though as the original post didn't contain anything that might be illegal!
Old 20 May 2006, 11:36 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Your question implies that it's their car that wants to 'try it on' with you, in my experience it's the baseball cap wearing retards in CTR's who are the culprits.
Old 20 May 2006, 11:44 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Well said u lot! We all give it some and I expect vast majority have sense to do it without ragging **** off car or endangering lives. I use cars power to full now and again but am not some chav lunatic which some on here like to label us. Far from it. I have a fast car (not the fastest on planet), I like to drive it quickly sometimes, I enjoy showing Nova drivers and the like wot they are missing. All in all I am just proud to be a Scooby owner!!!
Old 20 May 2006, 11:48 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Your question implies that it's their car that wants to 'try it on' with you, in my experience it's the baseball cap wearing retards in CTR's who are the culprits.
The four occupants in one of em all had baseball caps on, windows down and sub vibrating hell out of car. So mindless that car had to drive itself!!
Old 20 May 2006, 11:51 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

The four occupants in one of em all had baseball caps on, windows down and sub vibrating hell out of car. So mindless that car had to drive itself!!
And why are CTR drivers all under 5ft tall? Or at least they appear to be, you can see them just about peering over the top of the their dashboards?
Old 20 May 2006, 11:57 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BedHog
Bp's reply was a bit harsh though as the original post didn't contain anything that might be illegal!
It's not just the illegal aspect that bugs me. It's the whole idea that the car you drive somehow indicates your worth. It fills me with skin-crawling embarrassment when people on here bathe themselves in smugged-up, oily self-congratulation, because they've fended off a "challenge" from some other berk in a car. That's not enjoying your car, that's desperation.
Old 21 May 2006, 12:00 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

It's not just the illegal aspect that bugs me. It's the whole idea that the car you drive somehow indicates your worth. It fills me with skin-crawling embarrassment when people on here bathe themselves in smugged-up, oily self-congratulation, because they've fended off a "challenge" from some other berk in a car. That's not enjoying your car, that's desperation.
BP, I'm with you all the way on this one
Old 21 May 2006, 12:05 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Cool

BP, I'm with you all the way on this one
Well thanks for that. Fighting the good fight, eh?
Old 21 May 2006, 12:09 AM
neoglow
Scooby Regular

I would never eye up someone at the traffic lights whose driving a car that could pose a challange. You know, sat there gripping the steering wheel, gritting your teeth and reving your engine. Thats just plain silly, it would be sods law that a copper will come round the corner as you floor it and you both blast off down the road. Or even worse, another driver or pedestrian is in the wrong place at the wrong time as this race breaks out. Like I said, you 'effortlessly' pull away from them, they either dont even try it cos they know you would cream them or what is even funnier is when a boy racer does try it on and blasts off thinking you would fight back and he ends up racing against himself.

Sometimes, its all about 'knowing' you have that power under your foot that counts.

M.
Old 21 May 2006, 12:09 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Gangster lean ...

And why are CTR drivers all under 5ft tall? Or at least they appear to be, you can see them just about peering over the top of the their dashboards?
Old 21 May 2006, 12:12 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Surely to some degree the car u drive reflects the person u are. I work damned hard, am honest and like nice things, hence Scooby. I am competitive like any 'normal' person.
Old 21 May 2006, 12:14 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Surely to some degree the car u drive reflects the person u are. I work damned hard, am honest and like nice things, hence Scooby. I am competitive like any 'normal' person.
Old 21 May 2006, 12:32 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Smile

CTR's only try it on because they know they are Crap . . Let's lock this thread now!
Old 21 May 2006, 12:33 AM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Old 21 May 2006, 12:49 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Good point!! LOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21 May 2006, 10:44 AM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

there are some ctr with superchargers which aparenly go like a rocket....
Old 21 May 2006, 10:45 AM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

sorry now locked...
Old 21 May 2006, 10:57 AM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

I 99% agree with you - change the CTR element to 'half' as well. The impreza bubble burst years back with lots of nasty imports and flourishing boy racer element. The Civic has the same problem mainly as it has a whole host of cheaper variants available to *******ise, as did the sierra cossies, the fiesta's xr2/turbo etc..etc... if it becomes cheap enough some **** will buy it. Irrelevant of what others think of the cars prestige value.

incidentally, I havent met a sub 5ft CTR driver...... they dont all drive up your ****..... and I cant remember seeing 4 of them with baseballs caps either listening to Vivaldi either.

Neoglow makes a sensible point - simply dont get involved. Just take pleasure from knowing what you have. Let them pass and die when they want to. Took me a while to realise this - havent looked back since.

Quick Reply: Why do CTR'S always want to try their luck!?