Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2006, 01:58 PM
dr jim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer help please

Hi,
After some more advice guys
As per my previous post still not got much joy with getting the shocks repaired on the car, dealer has tried but the noise still remains. But today i recived the log book for the car.....more problems. I brought the car as a one owner from new vechicle this was shown to me on the log book. but when i got the log book today it now shows two previous owners, the second being the dealer i brought the car from. I contacted the DVLA and they have said the dealer got a new log book sent to them in january car was registed in there name. But the log book i signed when i brought the car was in the previous owners name( i have a photocopy of this) not the dealers. looks like the dealer had two log books for the same car and sold it to me as a one owner car knowing this was not true. Any advice where i take it from here ?
Old 20 May 2006, 04:35 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

here are some links you WILL need

RMI-
http://www.rmif.co.uk/consumers.aspx?id=0
very helpful, if the garage is a member then they will get involved.

Also you must get in touch with the head office of the garage, in our case it was a volkswagen so we were dealing with VW UK and also the garage head office which was SYTNER.

COpy all letters to all parties, you must deal with the 'dealer principal' of the garage you have probs with.

If you want to email me, i'll let you have copies of correspondence etc.

In the end I got my legal cover on my house insurance to take it on, although it didnt get that far.

The dealer principal came on the phone giving it 'my solicitors are bigger than your solicitors' and saying that 'my local family solicitor would be out of his depth' and I informed him that actually we had a solicitor who dealt with 'breach of contract' and 'litigation' heehee, which we did.... paid for by my house insurance!!

as I say email me and I'll help if I can

THE MOTOR INDUSTRY SHOULD BE REGULATED TO KEEP COWBOYS OUT!!! Although we bought an ex demonstartor from a main VW dealer part of the Sytner group and it was a right off!! confirmed in a written report by another vw main dealer garage

claire
Old 20 May 2006, 04:52 PM
dr jim
Scooby Regular

Many thanks for your reply. i am going to contact trading standards monday morning to see where i stand legally. This is not the first problem i have had with the car ,i am still fighting to get the rear shocks replaced but he is not playing ball even though subaru have told me they need replacing to correct the knocking noise and i think this latest problem with the log book is the final straw.
see my previous posts
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=512093
Old 20 May 2006, 05:08 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

we contacted Trading standards that were vaguely interested

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

We also contatced Watchdog who didnt even reply to us.

See if you have Legal Protection on your house contents.. It has to be your house not your car insurance for some reason.. See if they will help... its the only way forward we found for us

Claire