Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This really pi55ed me off....

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2001, 04:16 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
driving down Godstone road near Purley when I noticed a tarted up cavalier trying the old ' I am coming out now ' routine from the entrance to the Esso.
there was about a 20 ft gap between me and the car infront, I was going about 25MPH, just as I approach him he lurches forward, making it look like he was going. F__king barsteward, my passenger s__t herself, I was well shakey. I had to swerve round him, he stared at me whilst on his phone.

Why do these people do this sort of thing ? Do they like giving people nervous twitches ? Or is it because they have had a labotomy and drive a piece of Halfords memorabilia ?
Old 29 October 2001, 04:26 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

They have no brains, thats the problem.

I know how annoying it can be.

David
Old 29 October 2001, 04:26 PM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

I'm guilty of doing this activity.

I live on a very busy street and no-one at all will stop to let you reverse out so I just nudge and nudge until the cars are on the other side of the road when passing me and they still won't stop to let me out.

I lasted 2 days in my new scoob until I was intimidating traffic when leaving the house
Old 29 October 2001, 04:47 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

I did this the other day, moving out onto a fast a-road...

The guy went forward to mave into the traffic, I followed, looked to the left to check the traffic I was going to join (one car 500yards away), looked back and the GIT had stopped in front of me...... this ment that I have to swerve around him and plant it so the the car coming my way would not have to break too hard....

I have no idea why the car stopped, we both had a load of time to get into the flow of traffic.....

However, at the end of the day, it was my fault for being in a rush.... I have nervous drivers, they are more of a danger than anything else....

Paul
Old 29 October 2001, 05:14 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Being an (ex) courier, the best way is...

Select the car you're going to pull out in front of, eyeball the driver (make sure he's paying attention ), wave thanks, turn your head away (to look in the direction you're going) & pull out.

Works every time as the person then believes he's somehow given you permission and/or won't get angry as you've waved thanks...

This is far far better than the edging technique

Old 29 October 2001, 06:43 PM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

Going for a small gap by nailing the throttle in first and disappearing in a cloud of tyre smoke is also good