Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People like this give Scooby drivers a bad name

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2001, 05:11 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't in my Subaru yesterday otherwise I dread to think what this driver would have done if he had seen another Subaru on the road cos what he did was bad enough!

I was in my 'run around' with my kids in the back of the car when in a 30mph zone, out of nowhere comes a red Subaru, starts to tailgate me, looking for an opening to overtake by weaving in and out to try and get past. He must have been doing at least 50mph to 60mph to catch me up as I was doing a steady 30 and there was no one behind me until in a matter of seconds, a red dot got bigger and bigger until I thought he was going to go in the back of my car.

Anyway this lunactic turns off obviously to speed through another 30mph as I was delaying him. However 2 or 3 miles on, he was sitting in a queue waiting to get back on the road that I had travelled on. So lo and behold, there he was again, 2 or 3 cars behind, tailgating them one by one, overtaking without a care, with cars approaching on the other side of the road, having to take action to avoid a head on crash.

By now we get onto a 60mph zone, still single carriageway, then he puts his foot down, overtakes about 7 cars including me and at the last moment dives in, causing all the cars to suddenly slam their brakes on. Then on a blind hill, he tries to overtake again, this time a whole line of cars, as I approach the top of the hill, I see a lorry flashing like mad as the red subaru is flying straight at him. Then once again, he pulls sharply back in after giving the lorry drive a heart attack and several angry exchanges and then pulls away at speeds that would have been approaching 90mph.

The driver in question was around 25 to 30ish with short blond shaven hair. His car has the word prodrive on the left of the boot, the colour of the car was red, it had gold wheels, and the registration was N339 FWA. The road in question was the A695 from just outside Stocksfield, all the way along to Blaydon.

If you are reading this, sell your car mate, you don't know how to drive it, plus give up driving completely until you have matured before you kill yourself or worse still, some poor motorist and his passengers. If any police officers are reading this, then watch out for this car, he needs to be spoken to.

People like this can give us Subaru drivers or whatever high performance car they are driving a bad name. The press are all too keen to jump on the bandwagon when a high performance machine like ours is involved in a crash. It is the people who drive like this who are to blame, it is not the car. True he could have been in any car and I would have been mad, but to see him in a model that I own made me feel even worse.

What do other people think?

P.S. I have included his reg plate as I think he needs to be named and shamed. I too would expect my plate to be shown if I was driving like this. Moderators feel free to edit out key parts of his plate but no doubt when he causes an accident, his plate will all to be visible on his red car wrapped around a tree or worse still, ploughed into another car.
Old 28 October 2001, 07:12 PM
the link
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

****** driver

[Edited by the link - 10/28/2001 7:16:45 PM]
Old 28 October 2001, 07:39 PM
suba
Scooby Regular

maybe another stolen scooby doing a runner?
Old 29 October 2001, 09:51 AM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Angry

This is becoming more and more frequent on the BBS as the cost of owning older Scoobies drops. The problem is going to get worse before it gets better.

I have given up counting how many times I have come into work on Monday morning and one of my staff has been harrassed by a Scoob. They all know I own one and post frequently on the BBS. This indirectly "links" me to all Scooby owners in their eyes and means they contact me for a moan when they have been tailgated, cut up, blocked out, intimidated etc [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] to see if I know the car/owner concerned. The latest was on Sunday when a lady who works for me was harrassed by a dark blue WRX with a personalised plate on the A3, bad enought to behave like this to anyone but a lone woman [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] you know who you are if you read this be warned it should not happen again. To date I haven't had the pleasure of naming and shaming anyone...but I would if the opportunity came along. I would also expect of owners to do the same to me if any of my driving warranted a complaint.

It's getting a bit of a nightmare owning a Scoob these days [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] It is bad enough having to pay through the nose for insurance when your renewal is due, but seeing morons driving them these days does nothing for my bank balance when the next renewal comes round [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Anyone got any suggestions as to how we can get some "education" passed on to the small minority that give the rest of a bad name.

Yex

Old 29 October 2001, 10:12 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Angry

Personally I think the number plate should stay. I even think we should have a "Name & Shame" forum. All the usual reasons for not posting number plates probably don't apply when they've been driving so poorly. Probably be doing society a favour if their car gets nicked anyway...
Old 29 October 2001, 10:36 AM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
Unhappy

In no way am I condoning this or any sort of dangerous driving but I don't agree with a 'name and shame' forum.

I live in an area with a lot of b roads all with the national speed limits and in most places it is quite safe to do this. However, many drivers tend to drive these roads at 30 or 40mph which is great if that's what they feel comfortable with. On a number of occasions I have overtaken these drivers in a safe and controlled manner only for them to sound there horn, make lewd hand signals and flash the full beam at me once I'm past.........all for what? Over taking?

If there was a 'name and shame' forum I could see that quite a few of us out there would get cast as mad or dangerous drivers when it is by no means justified.

Once again I would like to state that I do not condone any type of driving that endangers anybody and I do think it's a good idea to create the odd post such as this if only to make the person concerned realise that they have been spotted and they are a complete pratt. Hopefully this post would shame them into driving with a hell of a lot more consideration for everyone else's safety.

Old 29 October 2001, 10:43 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Well said Mo, I hadn't thought of that. I've had people go bright red with rage for overtaking safely and below the speed limit! A "Name and Shame" forum is probably not such a good idea after all. Still think the above post should still show the plate though.