Sponsored by:

REPLICA PFF7'S - WHEEL NUTS

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2006, 09:11 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question REPLICA PFF7'S - WHEEL NUTS

Just had my wheels (replica Prodrive PFF7's) powder coated and cannot get the lock nuts back on without damaging the laquer, so as a short term fix (which may end up being long term,) I am wanting to replace the lock nuts with normal nuts (which fit no problem.)

Problem is the wheels are replica Prodrice PFF7's and I understand that these have their own nuts (ooer) and not the origional Subaru ones. So, where can I get my new nuts ooer? I also need to get one plastic spiggot coupling (part that acts as a spacer/ guide between the hub and the inside of the alloy wheel.)

Any contact details would be much appreciated in advance.
Old 09 May 2006, 09:37 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you considered getting the locking nut socket turned down a little on a lathe and then wrapping some electrical tape around it to save any damage while putting the nuts on ? That's what I have done with my standard socket and it works a treat.
Old 09 May 2006, 09:46 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport
Have you considered getting the locking nut socket turned down a little on a lathe and then wrapping some electrical tape around it to save any damage while putting the nuts on ? That's what I have done with my standard socket and it works a treat.
Now, why did I not think of that!!! I suppose any engineering company could do this eh?

I will also try Revolution (as suggested by someone on Scottish Scoobies forum) fot the spiggot and wheel nuts (even if it is for the short term.
Old 09 May 2006, 10:43 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

I got a set of replica PF7s from Revolution and then switched to genuine PFF7s... i still have the locking wheel nuts that came with the replicas. They are sat in the revolution packaging in the garage if you want to make me an offer

Tony.
Old 12 May 2006, 08:17 AM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by Tone Loc
I got a set of replica PF7s from Revolution and then switched to genuine PFF7s... i still have the locking wheel nuts that came with the replicas. They are sat in the revolution packaging in the garage if you want to make me an offer

Tony.
Cheers Tony. I already have replica PFF7's with the appropriate lock nuts. The problem is that they no longer fit due to the additional thickness of the powder coating and laquer.

I ended up buying new nuts from Revolution - excellent service - were here the next day.

Advertised on Scoobynet as having no lock nuts - all chavs welcome to come and nick my wheels (ps, my trackcar in unlocked as well - as it does not lock!!!)
Old 12 May 2006, 11:32 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport
This'll work a treat on early McGards; but the later type have a hardened spinner so it'll be very tricky to turn them down...

Simon
Old 12 May 2006, 12:42 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
This'll work a treat on early McGards; but the later type have a hardened spinner so it'll be very tricky to turn them down...

Simon
Not quite too sure what you mean - my lock nuts are shown in the following:

Can these ones be adjusted? Sorry for the crap pictures.