ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Is this really a P1?

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2006, 01:21 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this really a P1?

Some little kiddies Hijacked my thread last night so Im starting the thread again.

I was at KT Green dealers near Leeds/Bradford Airport the other day and had seen a 2 door classic.

It was being sold as a P1 with all stickers and leaflets on the front screen, P1 emblems and badges etc etc. The only problem was, it was not the usual sonic blue. It was more closer to if not the same as DBM.

As far as i know, the P1 only come in one shade of blue, why is this so different.

At first i thought its maybe just me thinking its darker and left it. When i come home, I checked on their website and I was infact right in seeing that the car was very DBM like.

I should have asked someone about it but got more interested in playing around with a tiny Copen lol.

Heres the car in question guys
http://www.ktgreen.co.uk/ViewImage.a...213:213&line=4
Old 07 May 2006, 01:26 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Registration number comes up as a p1
Old 07 May 2006, 01:26 PM
watto52
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
Some little kiddies Hijacked my thread last night so Im starting the thread again.

I was at KT Green dealers near Leeds/Bradford Airport the other day and had seen a 2 door classic.

It was being sold as a P1 with all stickers and leaflets on the front screen, P1 emblems and badges etc etc. The only problem was, it was not the usual sonic blue. It was more closer to if not the same as DBM.

As far as i know, the P1 only come in one shade of blue, why is this so different.

At first i thought its maybe just me thinking its darker and left it. When i come home, I checked on their website and I was infact right in seeing that the car was very DBM like.

I should have asked someone about it but got more interested in playing around with a tiny Copen lol.

id say it was a type R tbh, i thaught p1 was all in a lighter blue. I could be mistaken tho.
Old 07 May 2006, 01:29 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

still think it's a type r mate
**** there's some **** on here .but hopfuly you will get more sense in the day from people
Old 07 May 2006, 01:29 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Registration number comes up as a p1
thats the problem king, a friend of mine checked for me also and said its defo a P1.

And Watto, you are right the P1 did come in the lighter sonic blue.

The only thing remains, has it been resprayed?

But if it has, i doubt a dealer like KT Green would be selling a limited edition car in a totally different shade of colour
Old 07 May 2006, 01:31 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bootsy
still think it's a type r mate
**** there's some **** on here .but hopfuly you will get more sense in the day from people
LOL thanks matey, I had fun last night. Man it was hilarious how both of them were getting humiliated and wouldnt give up.

Nevermind,

btw Boosty, I thought there would be an element of truth in it being a Type R but the car actually comes up as a P1 you know.

I tell ya, this is very confusing lol
Old 07 May 2006, 01:31 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Location: Lancaster/Manchester or stuck in a traffic jam somewhere in between

From that pic it does look like a P1.

Not sure about the colour, could have been resprayed?

Prob the best place to ask is over on P1WOC
Old 07 May 2006, 01:41 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

If you have been to see the car, easiest thing to do would be go again and get all the info off the VIN plate. If it's been resprayed this will have the orginla sonic blue paint code on it (52C??) and you can also phone Prodrive tomorrow with all the details (and it's number off the plaque inside). They will confirm if it's what it's being sold as.

Either way i'd steer clear of a P1 that isn't in it's orginal colour, come resale time you won't get your money back compared to a 'normal' one!

Tony.
Old 07 May 2006, 01:41 PM
watto52
Scooby Regular

tbh, i prefere the colour of that car to the p1. its quite a nice blue.
Old 07 May 2006, 01:52 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

There are a number of P1s out there that are not the two door version we know and love. These are the cars that Prodrive used as the prototypes for the project. IIRC there is a white one and a sonic blue 4dr out there somewhere.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...test+p1+4+door
Old 07 May 2006, 01:59 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
There are a number of P1s out there that are not the two door version we know and love. These are the cars that Prodrive used as the prototypes for the project. IIRC there is a white one and a sonic blue 4dr out there somewhere.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...test+p1+4+door
Aah maybe that could explain something

Does this mean that a long time ago when this lad was on here boasting about his 4dr P1 and everyone was laughing at him could have been right?

Mya phone them tomorrow about it, see what they say. Mind you the wheels were a little shabby
Old 07 May 2006, 02:07 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I read that someone once requested that shade of blue (instead of the normal blue we all know) for his P1.

Therefore the car was either resprayed or produced in that colour right from the manufacturer. Obviously, the buyer had more money than sense

Therefore, if that story is true, then it may explain why it's shown as a P1.
Old 07 May 2006, 02:07 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Looks like a P1, from the pic looks like it has the blue/grey prodrive P1 bucket seat, did it have ABS and no DCCD?? coz type R's have no ABS and they do have DCCD, does it have a plaque inside with a Number on it?
Old 07 May 2006, 02:08 PM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Location: SSO2003 2nd, SSO2005 1st, SSO2006 2nd, TACC Rd4 5th 4wd: In my car ;-)

Ask KT Green directly, to explain the colour query.

It could be an ealy Prodrive car, or it could be re-sprayed, or re-shelled after a big repair.

Mark.
Old 07 May 2006, 02:11 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Comes up as a 2 owner P1 on the RAC vehicle check.
Nik
Old 07 May 2006, 03:03 PM
PICKLE
Scooby Regular

Over on the P1woc there was a discussion about this car.

It IS a genuine P1, and as someone has mentioned, the owner wanted to keep it a little more inconspicuous, so requested that it be re-painted in DBM instead of the Sonic Blue.

Whether this was done before delivery I know not. Therefore we have a P1 in DBM which has obviously come up for sale now.

There is also a 4dr (Prodrive development car) which is basically an STi5 4dr But with P1 front bumper and spots etc..
That particular car still has the STI interior and the DCCD etc and also the OE STI rear spoiler. The owner did contact Prodrive who authenticated it as one of their test mules for the suspension set-ups..

Then of course there is the fabled 'White' P1 which is still kicking about in the Gloucester area apparently.
Old 07 May 2006, 03:24 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PICKLE

It IS a genuine P1, and as someone has mentioned, the owner wanted to keep it a little more inconspicuous, so requested that it be re-painted in DBM instead of the Sonic Blue.

Whether this was done before delivery I know not. Therefore we have a P1 in DBM which has obviously come up for sale now.

There is also a 4dr (Prodrive development car) which is basically an STi5 4dr But with P1 front bumper and spots etc..
That particular car still has the STI interior and the DCCD etc and also the OE STI rear spoiler. The owner did contact Prodrive who authenticated it as one of their test mules for the suspension set-ups..

Then of course there is the fabled 'White' P1 which is still kicking about in the Gloucester area apparently.
aah thanks for the info pickle,

Mind you it didnt look resprayed. Looked very original in terms of paintwork
Old 07 May 2006, 03:28 PM
VJ_STi
Scooby Regular

LOL thanks matey, I had fun last night. Man it was hilarious how both of them were getting humiliated and wouldnt give up.
It was a good night

And it would appear then that this is a P1. Not sure I would like it, if you want a P1 then surely you want people to know what it is, only my opinion of course.
Old 07 May 2006, 03:30 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by VJ_STi
It was a good night

And it would appear then that this is a P1. Not sure I would like it, if you want a P1 then surely you want people to know what it is, only my opinion of course.
lol that was hilarious. If only the thread still existed would have entertained a lot of people.

Nevertheless, regarding the colour i would agree that it wouldnt feel that special if it wasnt in the sonic blue but then thats me personally.

We had a very nice P1 roughly 2 years ago. Was spot on
Old 07 May 2006, 04:27 PM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboDean
Looks like a P1, from the pic looks like it has the blue/grey prodrive P1 bucket seat, did it have ABS and no DCCD?? coz type R's have no ABS and they do have DCCD, does it have a plaque inside with a Number on it?
The non STI type R's have ABS and no DCCD
Old 07 May 2006, 04:56 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

To be certain look at the numbers... If it has a 17 character VIN number then its likely to be a P1; but if it has a short Japanese domestic chassis number, prefixed 'GC8', then itll be a Type-R.

Hope this helps.

Simon
Old 07 May 2006, 04:59 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
To be certain look at the numbers... If it has a 17 character VIN number then its likely to be a P1; but if it has a short Japanese domestic chassis number, prefixed 'GC8', then itll be a Type-R.

Hope this helps.

Simon
im probably going down in a few days so if its not sold I shall check the vin number and find out about the history of the car
Old 07 May 2006, 06:34 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PICKLE

The white has come along to a couple of joint meets between the welsh and midlands lads. Had us confused for a little while, looks really nice in white
Old 07 May 2006, 06:35 PM
Daniel-S
Scooby Regular

www.p1woc.co.uk
Old 07 May 2006, 09:45 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Rather than let this thread go the same way as the last one. Please can we keep this vaguely on topic? Otherwise it goes.
Old 07 May 2006, 09:48 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chris L
Rather than let this thread go the same way as the last one. Please can we keep this vaguely on topic? Otherwise it goes.
You stole my post.
Old 07 May 2006, 09:48 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Chris L

I am burning with curiosity! What happened on the other thread, please pm me Chris.

Thanks.
Old 07 May 2006, 09:55 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

lol you wouldnt want to know.

Bubba you can always post again matey

Btw am defo gona phone KT Green regarding this car. Lets see what they have to say
Old 07 May 2006, 10:00 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

lol you wouldnt want to know.

Bubba you can always post again matey

Btw am defo gona phone KT Green regarding this car. Lets see what they have to say
I love the whole idea of a P1 in mufti. DBM's my favourite colour anyway.

If I could afford a p1 at the moment, that would be one I might be looking at.
Old 07 May 2006, 10:02 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
I love th whole idea of a P1 in mufti. DBM's my favourite colour anyway.

If I could afford a p1 at the moment, that would be one I might be looking at.
Infact Bubba it did look very nice. I have also seen a Version 6 Type R for sale on here once. Also looked very nice and pretty much a rare sight seeing a DBM 2 door classic