ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

IS YOUR WIFE JEALOUS OF YOUR SCOOBY

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2006, 10:23 PM
stewby2202
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question IS YOUR WIFE JEALOUS OF YOUR SCOOBY

My wife locked the door on me tonight,It was a nice day yesterday so i give the scoob the weekly polish and hoover along with the daily in and out of the door routine using every excuse in the book "daft " i know but i,ll tell her anything to go out in the car , I went out tonight in it to go visit a pal in hospital but beforehand i gave it a buffing off on the drive which took about four hours ,Any way, On the way back it started to rain and the spray of the traffic always dry,s mucky"Especially as it,s red" So i pulled out the hosepipe only to hear her shout,You and that ******* car,you think more of that car than you do of me,Which is total bull****!!!I,d say it,s about 50/50 So i proceeded to hose of the scoob and And she shoved her head out of the door and said,Don,t forget your polish,In a sarcastic Manner,So i decide i would just chamois it instead just to keep the peace!!. When i finished i tried to open the front door and she just smirked out of the window and said You spend all f,ing day in it ,Just f,ing sleep in it,So i thought,**** you.I,ll go for a drive,And after about 45 mins i returned,She unlocked the door straight after i left ,or so she said but now she,s not speaking, Oh i love peace and quiet as she as now hit the bath and will go to bed to leave me on s,net,..
Does anyone else get this much grief or am i being too selfish
I don,t think so
Old 06 May 2006, 10:32 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yup, but i clean the bike more than the car, but get the same ****, but then, she`ll spend 4 hrs doing her thing, model sites etc, so go figure, its alright for her to spend 4 hrs doing her thing, but not me ?!?!?!
Old 06 May 2006, 10:52 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by stewby2202
My wife locked the door on me tonight,It was a nice day yesterday so i give the scoob the weekly polish and hoover along with the daily in and out of the door routine using every excuse in the book "daft " i know but i,ll tell her anything to go out in the car , I went out tonight in it to go visit a pal in hospital but beforehand i gave it a buffing off on the drive which took about four hours ,Any way, On the way back it started to rain and the spray of the traffic always dry,s mucky"Especially as it,s red" So i pulled out the hosepipe only to hear her shout,You and that ******* car,you think more of that car than you do of me,Which is total bull****!!!I,d say it,s about 50/50 So i proceeded to hose of the scoob and And she shoved her head out of the door and said,Don,t forget your polish,In a sarcastic Manner,So i decide i would just chamois it instead just to keep the peace!!. When i finished i tried to open the front door and she just smirked out of the window and said You spend all f,ing day in it ,Just f,ing sleep in it,So i thought,**** you.I,ll go for a drive,And after about 45 mins i returned,She unlocked the door straight after i left ,or so she said but now she,s not speaking, Oh i love peace and quiet as she as now hit the bath and will go to bed to leave me on s,net,..
I don,t think so

Not at all mate, welcome to 'the brotherhood of the misunderstood men'. Some women will never understand that to some people their cars are life and death, to others like us they are much more important!
Old 06 May 2006, 11:44 PM
STi Lou
Scooby Regular

I make my hubby loads of tea's and coffees while he cleans and polishes our baby
I sit on our doorstep chat to him and point out the bits he's missed...oh and fill up the warm buckets of water and shampoo and fetch all the products for him.

It's a labour of love on both our parts and i don't resent a thing, I'm sure I'm not alone ladies.....
Old 06 May 2006, 11:47 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

No but my car did get jealous of my girlfriend once

Ever seen a film called "Christine"
Old 06 May 2006, 11:57 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

would be interesting to find out the lads/ladies with kids and without, who gets the more jealous/resentfull of blokes cleaning their cars for 3 hrs !!

hmmmmm
Old 07 May 2006, 12:02 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Nope, my husband has no interest in mine
Old 07 May 2006, 12:11 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

the hairy side me thinks, put a few things straight and set some ground rules,

firstly, take her door key off her lol
Old 07 May 2006, 12:12 AM
dave honey
Scooby Regular

I was outside the house a couple of weeks ago giving my baby the weekly detail and I got a text on my phone and when I opened the text it was from the missus asking why I never pay that much attention to her. Firstly what a waste of 10p and secondly she will never understand.
I love her. But the scoob only talks back in a good way........
Old 07 May 2006, 12:13 AM
160mph flat out
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stewby2202
I don,t think so
My girlfriend gets jelous of the amount of time i spend with your wife
Old 07 May 2006, 01:04 AM
Aquanaut
Scooby Regular

Try spending 4 hours rubbing her down and she will soon send you out to do the car!!!

she likes you polishing the car as she can keep an eye on you.

Could be worse, you could be down the pub/betting shop

top tip - ban her from watching Eastenders all week and only let her see the omnibus. Gives you a couple of hours stress free.
Old 07 May 2006, 01:10 AM
ZYRUSS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Aquanaut
Try spending 4 hours rubbing her down and she will soon send you out to do the car!!!

you are clearly doing it wrong if your Mrs doesnt like you rubbing her down, send her round to me, you will never hear another complaint from here again whilst your rubbing the car down, or just simply rubbing one out lol
Old 07 May 2006, 08:31 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Only reason my wife complains about me cleaning the car is because she'd rather be out driving it.
Old 07 May 2006, 08:49 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

If I read this right, you spent hours cleaning your car during the day, then 4 hours buffing it before going out, then it rained so you cleaned it again when you got home.

I'd buy her some nice chocolates to apologise if I were you.
Old 07 May 2006, 08:52 AM
watto52
Scooby Regular

or go and see a doctor........
Old 07 May 2006, 08:55 AM
Crosstalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi Lou
I make my hubby loads of tea's and coffees while he cleans and polishes our baby
I sit on our doorstep chat to him and point out the bits he's missed...oh and fill up the warm buckets of water and shampoo and fetch all the products for him.

It's a labour of love on both our parts and i don't resent a thing, I'm sure I'm not alone ladies.....
Haha, don't you just love women who are in touch with their masculine side!!!
Old 07 May 2006, 09:38 AM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft

more of that car than you do of me,Which is total bull****!!!I,d say it,s about 50/50

pmsl
Old 07 May 2006, 09:52 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i have had this bollocks as well, although i have never been locked out.

most women just want a **** car to crash into things and leave outside the fooken flower shop
Old 07 May 2006, 11:32 AM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

My wife TELLS me to get out the house and 'play' with my cars as I 'irritate' her if I am in the house as I cannot sit still!!!

Still, she brings me a piece and a drink outside and usually sits and watches and chats for a while.

She also loves the looks we get when it is nice and shiny and for this reason often encourages me to get it polished!!!

Finally, she likes to wave from the bedroom when I am out polishing in an attempt to pul me away from my work - it is a difficult dimema sometimes - finish polishing the car or get my Nat King Cole!!!
Old 07 May 2006, 11:44 AM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no problems here, the wife bought me the turbo for xmas so all happy
Old 07 May 2006, 12:39 PM
chezb
Scooby Regular

Both me and my fella have got Scoobys so no jealousy there. He's my own personal carwasher, and every Saturday morning he's there cleaning them both for hours on end!

Cheryl
Old 07 May 2006, 12:48 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Your perfect.
Old 07 May 2006, 02:23 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dave honey
I was outside the house a couple of weeks ago giving my baby the weekly detail and I got a text on my phone and when I opened the text it was from the missus asking why I never pay that much attention to her. Firstly what a waste of 10p and secondly she will never understand.
I love her. But the scoob only talks back in a good way........
My Mrs always complains i give my car more attention than her aswell.
Old 07 May 2006, 02:49 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny that, My wife used to complain all the time

" you spend more time on that car then with me!!"
"you care more about that effing car than either me or the kids"
"you spend too much money"

Yadda yadda....

and that is why she is my ex wife
Old 07 May 2006, 02:50 PM
stew911
Scooby Regular

there are times when yes i think the bf thinks more of his cars then he does about me, but now he has got a way of getting out of trouble with me.

he gets our son to clean it instead now!!!!!

hows that then?
Old 07 May 2006, 04:18 PM
CRX-Ownage
Scooby Regular

Ahh bless, aint you good

Reminds me of my mrs
Old 07 May 2006, 04:53 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

CRX-Ownage - my wife has a CRX VT... £4K for a 15 year old car so theres no way she can complain about what I spend on mine.
Old 07 May 2006, 06:56 PM
wrc350
Scooby Regular

mines jealous as ****
Old 07 May 2006, 07:19 PM
fabulous555
Scooby Regular

Just me and the car at the moment, too skint to run the car AND a steady bird
Old 07 May 2006, 07:20 PM
fabulous555
Scooby Regular

Having said that, most birds seem happy enough to be taxid about in one.