New Wagon Owner with some questions

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2006, 11:14 PM
Prodriver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Wagon Owner with some questions

Hi,

I've just bought a 54 plate Wagon. It originated from Motorpoint and all the paperwork shows its from Malta.

Does it have a CAT 1 alarm - I only have the standard key which operates the central locking?

If not, how much am I looking at to get one fitted?

Also, I need a Tracker or similar for the insurance, has anyone got any suggestions/likely costs, please?

And finally, I used to have a Prodrive centre section and backbox on my old MY01 4 door and would like to do the same at some point. Are the Wagon ones the same?

Thanks in advance,

Nige
Old 03 May 2006, 01:08 AM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Probably not got a Cat 1 alarm as this is optional extra from Motorpoint and you'd usually get a separate remote lock / alarm fob with the aftermarket Cat 1 alarm systems. Cost probably about £350. Watch your insurance as most quotes which you get will assume std UK spec which includes a Cat 1 alarm - so you might not be covered at present if your car is stolen.

Tracker - I've got Tracker Monitor system - cost me about £470 plus £325 one-off subscription which covers me for as long as I have the car - otherwise pay about £470 plus £125 per annum approx unless the prices have changed in the last year or so ?

Not sure about the exhaust system - what I do know is that the back box is the same for saloon and wagon - my wagon is also 54 plate from Motorpoint !
Old 03 May 2006, 11:28 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

The EU imports lacksthe security options, locking nuts, cat1 alarm and tracker.

Alarm should be around £400. Clifford Blackjaxx (anti-hijack) comes recommended.

Try A-Plan for insurance, they were the best and mod-friendly. I originally went with Admiral and no tracker was needed. I had a quick fight regarding EU & Jap import, but was sorted and there was no price hike for an EU, but it also did not require a tracker.
Old 03 May 2006, 11:07 PM
Prodriver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks guys,

I have managed to get hold of my friendly auto electrician who fits RAC Trackstar Plus (£400) and will upgrade my alarm from CAT2 to CAT1 with remote locking and anti-hijack (£200).

I ended up with Privilege having talked to A-Plan and Gary Moulson who both said they couldn't beat the £501 quote ('cos I'm ancient!!!).

Great news that the Prodrive backbox fits both 4 & 5 door. I'll have to find out about the centre section.

Cheers,
Nige