Sponsored by:

A day with John @ Drivetrain

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2001, 11:18 PM
Lou_C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I spent a brilliant day today with John Cave at Drivetrain. http://www.drivetrain.uk.com/

John teaches performance driving and development courses around the UK for people who do loads of company miles or people who simply want to improve and enhance their skills.

I learnt loads of techniques which I’d never even thought of using before, which all contributed to a safe and swift drive though Oxfordshire and surrounding countryside.

We covered positioning for bends and the best lines to take to power through them, the correct acceleration and deceleration so as to keep the car well balanced and stable. I learnt much smoother gear changing, helping to keep the weight of the car balanced and also provides a smoother ride, saving on wear and tear on tyres and other mechanical parts. He also encouraged me to look ahead a lot more and open my eyes to what was going on ahead and around me and not just immediately in front.

As well as these practical skills, John also took me through some associated theory so I could understand the practical stuff better and the reasoning behind doing it.

If you are looking to improve your overall road driving skills, safety and awareness you have to do this course!! For more info, email John at info@drivetrain.uk.com

Thanks again John, it was hard work, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself! I look forward to receiving my report!

Louisa