Sponsored by:

Servicing

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2006, 12:16 PM
Paddy Power
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servicing

Need to get my 3 year service done, but get to stressed out at the £600 notes my local scooby garage wants when ever i think about it. Now this is not me being cheep but i hate handing over hard earned cash for something that i could do myself in a few hours.

On all my other cars, this is what i have done and believe a far better service is carried out but they have all been far older classic cars such as my beloved pulsar gtir. But on a newer car, i apreciate that when i come to sell next year a stamp may make the differance.

Do any of you know a scoob aproved gargae arround surrey (Croydon) that will do the business whach a scoob stamp theer and charge a bit less?

Also what oil do you lot use? and do you go to the oil man for it?
Old 21 April 2006, 12:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With regards to the Oil, I have a remarkable knack for finding what the answer is to that question - I open the handbook, and, low and behold, there it is!! In Subarus own words ..... to use anything different is pure folly.

I paid over £600 for my BIG Service .... to get the stamp - was it worth it? Well it all depends how long you want to keep your car .........

The cambelt is a MUST - and spark plugs - filters ... it all costs!

Pete
Old 21 April 2006, 12:29 PM
sideways scooby
Scooby Regular

I allways do my own servicing, like you i dont like the idea of paying alot of money for what is a simple job and when you do it your self you know its done right, i have a friend who has a garage and stamps the book for me and he knows i do a first class job.
I allways use silkolene pro-s oil and get it from oil man, just ordered some in the april offer which i think ends today, just under £40 for oil and filter including delivery which i think is a bargain because i live in the sticks and have to travel about 20 miles to get any decent oil.
Old 21 April 2006, 12:46 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

£395 inc VAT for major 60k service at my local Subaru garage. Another one a few miles away quoted £572 inc VAT so god knows how there can be such a difference.
Old 21 April 2006, 01:23 PM
wolfie28
Scooby Regular

Ring round your nearest Subaru dealers if you want them to do your servicing. I saved £120 on a 30,000 service by ringing round the dealers. Or ring up the closest dealer, give them a made up quote that you said you had from another dealer and see if they will match it (sometimes works!!!!)

Wolfie.
Old 21 April 2006, 04:11 PM
PEP
Scooby Regular

Default service........

hi mate......
just booked my sub. uk300 in for a 50k service..
alot of the lads on here recommended Prosport in stockport...
might be a long way for some,but well worth it....
£300 for service and cambelt including vat...
this is a subaru approved garage...so doesn't affect the warranty...
so if your willing to travel its a bargain
all the lads who i've talked to about Prosport have nothing but praise for them..
hope this helps.....
Peppe...........
Old 21 April 2006, 04:20 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

I thourght the cam belt wasnt done in the 30,000 mls service??
Pete?

Trending Topics

Old 25 April 2006, 07:42 PM
Paddy Power
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by pslewis
With regards to the Oil, I have a remarkable knack for finding what the answer is to that question - I open the handbook, and, low and behold, there it is!! In Subarus own words ..... to use anything different is pure folly.

There is always one. I like your style.

In most instances, especially with high performance vehicles (especially old classics which is what i am more used to) the manufacturers specified oil, although does the job perfectly can normally be bettered. Often they put a reasonably affordable performance part there so everyone can afford and obtain them easily, what i was asking was what was the best, is there a better, you get the drift. If all recomended oils were used then there would be no need for the poor old oil man, who as mentioned above, does a brilliant job and at a very very good price.