Sponsored by:

Accident repairs

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2006, 11:30 AM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Accident repairs

some dozy bint pulled out of a roundabout without looking and collided with my WR1 this morning on the way to work Damage to wing, bumper, lights, bonnet on an otherwise immaculate car. Still drives and nothing structural or more serious I hope.

Basically my question is where should I get it repaired ?
My insurers, Admiral, use a local approved repair centre but I have no knowledge or experience of them. It would be more convenient for me to not have to get quotes and I would get a courtesy car but have also heard horror stories of some Insurance Company Approved repairs.

Anyone used Redbourne Accident Repair Centre or got any advice or can recomend anywhere sutable in Beds/Herts for repairs ?

Thanks ... off to drown my sorrows.
Old 12 April 2006, 11:57 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

sorry to hear that mate,

get the car into a reputable place now and say its not drivable.

they will send an assesor to check it over.

put a hole in a pipe or something if they ask, just say its lost its fluid.

hopefully they will let the place repair it.

not that i would condone this activity

Dazza
Old 12 April 2006, 12:17 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Admiral will let me repair it wherever I want ... but then I wouldn't get a courtesy car and need 2 quotes.

Also, having never had an accident I don't know anywhere that would be considered reputable
Old 12 April 2006, 12:25 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

You have the choice of repairer; its common for insurers to use the provision of loan cars and such to encourage you to use their repairers, although you dont have to. Id pick a Subaru repairer with a good reputation (who does their own work) and stick to my guns.

Simon
Old 12 April 2006, 12:28 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Chap,
Sorry to hear your news, i had a similar incident on my imaculate classic, (beer barrel fell off a lorry and took off the front qtr!), anyway, you are at liberty to get the vehicle repaired at a place of your choice, as you say though you may loose some of the perks, but that said most places offer a curtesy car anyway.
I took my car back to the subaru main dealer who recomened a place they use for all their repairs, turned out to be Mitsubishi motors place where they prep all the rally cars.
I was obviously worried about the quality of the repair (as I would have been no matter where it had gone), that said it came back with a better finish that when it came out of the factory new !!!, paint finish was an exact match (silver) and the clear coat is much stronger than the original and so does not suffer anywhere near as much from stone chips.
Basically I can't fault the repair, by the way this was all done in and around Cirencester, not that close to you but not the other end of the country .

Hope it helps, the only down side was the Mitsi micro people carrier i had as a curtesy car ! mind you getting back into mine afterwards it didn't half feel quick !!

Ian
Old 12 April 2006, 01:16 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

subaru main dealer-would you want fiat garage repairing your car just because ins.company told you to?
martin
Old 12 April 2006, 08:20 PM
Jim_B
Scooby Regular

Audiman.. Would like to know the place you had your repairs done, looking for good repairers locally and thats not too far from Bristol.

Thanks... apologies for off thread request !