Sponsored by:

Hello from the world of Integra Type R can you advise please

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2006, 09:08 PM
muzauk
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from the world of Integra Type R can you advise please

Hi Guys, Im an ex ITR owner and im looking for a little advise really. The Integra was a mixed of all worlds really with performance, reliability, handling and reasonable mpgs. You might ask why if i love them so much did i sell and why not get another.. Well simply they are getting old looking now and i fancy something a little newer looking so im looking at a UK Bug eye WRX for about £9k-£10k. My issue is i test drove one today and wasn't blown away by its performance in standard trim (obviously i know what you guys can tune these things upto but i dont wanna fettle to much to start with). Now it wasn't a fair test drive as the car had 4 people in what with my mate and the owner and his brother...Does that make a hugh difference to a WRX?? As i said before i know the lack of umf could be attributed to the passengers or could just be how they are stock and i know a simple remap will see that right but im scared of 2 things lack of reliability and fuel economy...Please dont all flame me for saying turbo and mpg in the same breath, i know they arent built for economy but i need a certain amount, for instance the Integra would take £35 of optimax to fill and with 50% leathering and 50% average driving would return about 200-230 miles all around town which is acceptable. However my mate leant me his mark1 WRX with loads of mods for a fortnight, I put £10 in and saw 35 miles with the same style driving which isnt accetable. can i see decentish round town mpg from a WRX and if it was say lightly remaped just for an extra 40bhp would i still be able to see goodish mpg.

Just after some advise really i am using the search function so im not lazy, any owners of type r might be able to help more so but anyone please put you 2pence in.
Old 10 April 2006, 12:23 AM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

Go for a classic or bug STI
Old 10 April 2006, 07:40 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I came from a 2002 CTR to a 2003 STi PPP. The Impreza is a much faster car in all driving conditions, true the CTR was a quick car once u wound it up beyond 6000rpm, but the lack of low down torque is the one thing that reall did my head in with it, cruising speeds on the motorway u was hell and gone away from Vtec zone and manys a time i was out dragged by oil burners and general Repmobiles.

Like u say if you've taken a uk WRX out and was'nt blown away by the performance thats mainly due to the fact they aint much faster than your ITR, be it a DC5 or DC2, if u can stretch your budget go for a early bug eye STi or if u can stump up a bit more a early Blob eye STi, and if your after even more thrills then insist u hunt one out with PPP.

Oh and Petrol is gonna be your best friend either way, my STi does around 200 miles on £45 worth of optimax with "normal" driving and a whole lot less if u give it the beans
Old 10 April 2006, 07:49 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I came from a CTR (53) to my bug WRX, and was at first dissapointed with the performance.

Then i de-catted it

Much better driving experience than the CTR, IMHO of course