Sponsored by:

WRX Type UK

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2006, 10:26 AM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX Type UK

Ok still in the persuit of swapping our Citroen C4 for a WRX. I have ruled out imports as I won't get a good p/x value for the current car (essential because of negative equity).

So I have had a look at the WRX Type UK, which seams an excellent offer particularly if keeping the car for 4/5 years (something I really must do in future rather than 4/5 months).

Anyway can someone advise me which main dealer from experience is usually reasonably generous on p/x's. Any dealers on here are most welcome to pm me.

I have bought our previous 2 Subaru's locally and I have to say I wasn't particurlarly well looked after on the last deal so I would be reluctant to go back.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09 April 2006, 11:22 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Catherine, with such a new car the likelihood is that they will ring Citroen and get a bid to buy price. It will then be shipped onto the Citroen dealer.

You may find it better cost wise to call a few Citroen dealers and get a price to buy it off you, and then go to a Subaru dealer as a cash buyer and try and get a bit of discount on the new car.
Old 09 April 2006, 05:02 PM
MarkGArgyle
Scooby Regular

Catherine,

Before ruling out imports, I would check out the part-ex values first. I had my Hyundai up for £8k privately but was struggling to sell so looked at part-ex.

My dealer offered £8k (£1k over book) but there was only £1k in movement on their price for the std WRX (not type-uk). I got £7k from Motorpoint plus a new WRX with cat 1 alarm & breakdown OTR for £15700.

For what it's worth, my dealer would not move from list on the type-uk price
Old 09 April 2006, 06:54 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Thanks Mark, I have emailed both Motorpoint and The Car People. The Car People were suggesting £9,750 on there online valuation which is probably bang on the money.

We had received bids on the car of £8K, which is between £1 and £2K lower than book value suggests depending on the book you look at. Now as I have said on another post, I am not expecting a dealer to be a charity but at the same time I don't expect to have the urine extracted either. I should add that these were not Subaru dealers.

I will see what the car supermarkets come up with.
Old 09 April 2006, 08:53 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Catherine
Thanks Mark, I have emailed both Motorpoint and The Car People. The Car People were suggesting £9,750 on there online valuation which is probably bang on the money.

We had received bids on the car of £8K, which is between £1 and £2K lower than book value suggests depending on the book you look at. Now as I have said on another post, I am not expecting a dealer to be a charity but at the same time I don't expect to have the urine extracted either. I should add that these were not Subaru dealers.

I will see what the car supermarkets come up with.
Try Alliance as well, they offered me fairly close to what I was wanting (£3000 more than Motorpoint anyway)
Old 09 April 2006, 10:05 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Hi
The Subaru Dealer I have used for my last 2 STI's also sells other makes of car that they take in as p/ex. We bought a Ford Puma for my wife from them a few years back aswell.

Only thing is that they are in Scotland which would be a bit of a tek for you.

pm me if you want more details.

Cheers

Den