Sponsored by:

Tracker or BackJax

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2006, 09:35 AM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker or BackJax

I'm considering getting a security device fitted to my MY01 WRX and, following another post on here about the RAC Trackstar, I was wondering:

Should I look at getting a tracker fitted and if so, does anyone know roughly how much this will save me on my insurance?

Should I get a BlackJax fitted instead and if so, how much would this likely save on insurance?

Thanks in advance.

edit: title should read "BlackJax" !!!
Old 09 April 2006, 09:37 AM
zoney-WRX
Scooby Regular

dont think it saves you any money on insurance i think its a case of if you dont have 1 you wont have insurance as more and more companys are asking for them *** standard
Old 09 April 2006, 09:43 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

I have found less are asking and when I enquired most only put it as maybe 10/15 saving. I have on on mine which is Subaru fitted Tracker retrieve and havent bothered doing subscription as insurance didnt require it. I suppose its a piece of mind thing really. I am more concerned with scumbags with screwdrivers to damage and maim my car, something which a tracker doesnt protect from
Old 09 April 2006, 09:51 AM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

I had trouble getting insurance last May when I bought my car because I didn't have a Tracker, a lot of companies wouldn't insure me but I thought (it seems wrongly) that I'd save money by getting one done this year

What about a BlackJax, anyone?
Old 09 April 2006, 10:26 AM
justanotherperson
Scooby Regular

I have a Trakbak 3 on mine,it doesnt actually kill power to the car, but they do phone me up every time i forget to "disable" it,just to make sure its me.

Dont get me wrong its not the best but worth every penny to me because they do offer a very good service.
£175 a year subscription and about the same again to supply and fit.

My insurance take this in to account aswell,fullycomp £450 full N/C no conviction/crashes,sits on drive, 02 plate WRX.
Old 09 April 2006, 10:35 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

i cant speak highly enough of blackjax antihijack, fantastic bit of kit imo.
i am currently in the market for swapping cars and when looking at scoobies without one it makes me feel a little vulnerable i have that much confidence in it. one downfall is that i was told by the fitter that it is not insurance
approved as if scumbag nicks your car and drives at mack 10 round a bend, engine cuts(as it should) no p/steering or brake servo assistance, he crashes
and dies ( ) i wonder who will be liable? the fact is they work, and if your keys get into the wrong hands your car wont go far.
tracker? yes got one of those aswell but in my case pointless as i have blackjax and i dont leave my car anywhere it can be towed or lifted so the blackjax is enough security.
if only society were honest/ decent people, life would be much simpler.
Old 09 April 2006, 10:40 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

as for insurance considering the blackjax i informed insurance co but it made no difference. they should stick to selling milk. (tesco)

Trending Topics

Old 09 April 2006, 10:47 AM
wolfie28
Scooby Regular

When I first bought the Scoob most insurance companies insisted on a Tracker, now there not interested. Doesn't save me a penny, just cost me £965 for supply, fitting and lifetime subscription . Do your research mate and get the best cost effective/security device for you.

Wolfie.