Hi People

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2006, 04:08 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hi People:- newbie to the forum with stupid questions

Just thought i' drop in my first post.

Not got a scooby yet but hoping to have one by august. Got around £10000 to spend (in august) and looking at the bugeye range or if they come down in price an early newage spec with the better headlamps. cant see that happening though.

been to the scooby garage but they just fed me a load of rubbish. been looking to try and get my hands on a prodrive UK300 if poss but if not i've been advised to go for a WRX model and have prodrive kit put on it?

apparently that makes it faster than the sti due to the gear ratio's (or is that more rubbish i've been fed?) but with the sae 265 bhp. the rides supposed to be a little sofer too (kids and all that!)

any advice or help would be appreciated on my future quest. You guys are in the know so why not ask the 'experts'

6 months will seem like a lifetime but its worth the wait.

Last edited by monkeyboy840; 28 March 2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 28 March 2006, 04:16 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

Let me be the 1st to welcome you to scoobynet!
Old 28 March 2006, 04:30 PM
johnnyt
Scooby Newbie

Hi and welcome, I'm pretty new here 2, got my first subaru on sat after dreaming for 10 years ( could never get insurance till i was over 30, thats the pleasure of living in N Ireland) got an 04 WRX and i am very impressed, great car for everyday use, tested sti's but gave them a miss cos the ride was 2 harsh ( roads are a bit bumpy here), the performance from the WRX is great and with ppp i'm sure its going to be great, so if your thinking subaru, just do it, its like christmas and birthdays all rolled into 1, you gona have 1 hell of a smile on your face..
Old 28 March 2006, 04:53 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyt
Hi and welcome, I'm pretty new here 2, got my first subaru on sat after dreaming for 10 years ( could never get insurance till i was over 30, thats the pleasure of living in N Ireland) got an 04 WRX and i am very impressed, great car for everyday use, tested sti's but gave them a miss cos the ride was 2 harsh ( roads are a bit bumpy here), the performance from the WRX is great and with ppp i'm sure its going to be great, so if your thinking subaru, just do it, its like christmas and birthdays all rolled into 1, you gona have 1 hell of a smile on your face..

i'm the same, just turned 30 and insurance has plummitted, got married too which helps!!!

will have to wait while august time but think an 04 is out of my price range although i do like the body shape more than the bug eye.

Does you scooby still haev the famous impreza sound? or did they change the manifold on that model? is is that just the new model
Old 28 March 2006, 05:22 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the world of empty pockets
Old 28 March 2006, 09:32 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
Welcome to the world of empty pockets

yes, don't i know it. anyone got anytips on what to aviod when buying a scooby? eg certain models. i'm only looking at UK cars
Old 28 March 2006, 09:57 PM
johnnyt
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by monkeyboy840
i'm the same, just turned 30 and insurance has plummitted, got married too which helps!!!

will have to wait while august time but think an 04 is out of my price range although i do like the body shape more than the bug eye.

Does you scooby still haev the famous impreza sound? or did they change the manifold on that model? is is that just the new model
it still has the great sound, the sti exaust helps this a bit but still makes its easy to live with, changed the alloys 2, 18" wolfrace urban racers gold and the new sti spoiler is at my local body shop at the minute gettin painted to go on me car..
i liked the peanut eye impreza better but thats down to personal taste, the bugeye is very nice 2 and its wasn't built very long, so you will not see as many on the road, a bit more exclusive..

Trending Topics

Old 28 March 2006, 10:30 PM
zip929
Scooby Regular

i've had my STI JDM (import) for 6 months now. A few mods and very well impressed.
Insurance no different as far as i can tell from a uk car (quote me if i'm wrong)

It's the best, most enjoyable car i have ever had, and I'm sure the wrx is almost the same grin factor.
For me though, the STI starts (JDM) with 273 bhp. Any mods soon push that up to 300 + (mine now in 320 + bracket).
Up to yourself.
Old 29 March 2006, 08:17 AM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyt
it still has the great sound, the sti exaust helps this a bit but still makes its easy to live with, changed the alloys 2, 18" wolfrace urban racers gold and the new sti spoiler is at my local body shop at the minute gettin painted to go on me car..
i liked the peanut eye impreza better but thats down to personal taste, the bugeye is very nice 2 and its wasn't built very long, so you will not see as many on the road, a bit more exclusive..
yeah, i like the newer model more than the bug eye but not mant in my price range at the mo. maybe come august time there wil be a few more. fingers crossed