Sponsored by:

What retards

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2006, 02:11 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What retards

I had a car crash in november and the car was wrote off the other insurance company came and valued the car at 1900 so i agreed thats what the car was worth then with the help of the RAC thread on here i looked to see if the car was still sold to me which now by looking its not so i rang the salvage yard this morning where it was kept and they sold it on the 20th of febuary to someone else because the other insurance company told them too when
a. she's still not admitting liability
b. i havent been paid out for the car
and c. i still have all the documents for it
can they still do this??
so thanks for the Rac thread or i'd never of known
Old 27 March 2006, 02:14 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have settled an amount with the loss adjusters then they are in every right to sell the car.. They should have paid you though!
Old 27 March 2006, 02:19 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

its looking like its going to court though as she admitted liability at the accident then denying it as it was daddys car and his insurance but she has till tomorrow to admit it. i agreed that the value of the car was 1900 but didnt agree for them to sell it. i called my solicitor but she hasnt got back to me
Old 27 March 2006, 02:23 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Until you accept payment the car is still yours because you haven't sold it to the insurance company. When my wife's car was written off they moved her car to a salvage yard without even informing her of it or it's whereabouts
Old 27 March 2006, 02:31 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
Until you accept payment the car is still yours because you haven't sold it to the insurance company. When my wife's car was written off they moved her car to a salvage yard without even informing her of it or it's whereabouts
thats what they did to me i had it in a yard in wigan and was paying the storage fee and they moved it to DEESIDE!!!! without informing me i only found out when i went to get the rest of the stuff out of it as i had a fractured knee and 3 ribs so i wasnt in a fit state to go straight away. just tried my solicitor again but she's not answering im gonna roast her when i do get hold of her! and then i find out its been sold when i still own it without me knowing i was sold on the 20th of february!!
Old 27 March 2006, 02:48 PM
mikepaul
Scooby Regular

Exclamation My advice - call the cops if someone hits you.

My wife had an accident a few years ago and it's wasn't her fault.

The guy was denying it was his fault (hit wife's car while stationary at T junction at lights; he came round the corner too fast - bang and spun her little ford Fiesta).

Anyway she phoned me and I told her to phone the cops and mention she believed she had an injury.

Police turned up, took statements, effectiively told this muppet it's your fault admit it or you're in deep trouble. (her handbrake was stil on)

End of story, she had a crime reference number and I think he didn't argue as the police had turned up and well clearly worked out what happened and he got done for careless driving and loss of no-claims obviously.

It's a shame people today are so dishonest at times, call the police that's what we all pay taxes for and they are glad to help in such areas where there is a dispute.

Cheers,

Mike P
Old 27 March 2006, 02:59 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Selling salvage that they dont hold legal title to isnt uncommon Im afraid (although the vehicles isnt theirs to sell). Ive seen a number of Porsches (and other desirable cars) sold by insurance companies beofre a settlement has been reached: and in a number of cases, for more than the thieving f*ckers are offering in settlement!

Simon
Old 27 March 2006, 03:04 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

theoretically can you not report the car as stolen.

It is not in the place where it is supposed to be.

You have not received payment for the car.

Shouldnt the police track down your stolen goods for you and cause some hassle for those who sold it without your consent?
Old 27 March 2006, 04:15 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

the police was called as i was cut out of the car and took statements and everything then a week later she changed her mind to say it was my fault but we have spoke to the police officers that came and we have their reports and the statements that was made its a open and shut case now but she's still not admitting it was her fault she has till tomorrow to be honest but i still cant understand how they can sell my car without my permission and without paying me. my retarded solicitor hasnt rung back either so she's getting a ear full in the morning!
Old 27 March 2006, 05:23 PM
ewanrw
Scooby Regular

You should have recieved settlement for your car regardless of the circumstances. Your insurance company will claim back the costs from the 3rd parties company as soon as liability has been settled.

As for liability, it will remain in dispute until the 3rd party admits liability or their insurance decides on their behalf to admit liability, regardless of what the police say. I was involved in an accident in April 2002 where the other person was charged with careless driving yet refused to admit fault.

Eventually, in January 2004 her insurance company admitted liability and it was June 2005 before I recieved compensation for my injuries (7 fractures spread over 3 vertebrae in my neck and a permanent 5mm gap between two of them).

ewan

Last edited by ewanrw; 27 March 2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 27 March 2006, 07:36 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

but the third party told universal salvage to sell the car when they dont even own the car. its not even driveable to be honest so how can they tell someone to sell something that isnt theirs i just dont get it, sure enough that if the car was back on the road i'd be responsible for everything that happens to it considering im still the owner??
Old 27 March 2006, 09:01 PM
Kroy
Scooby Regular

This has just happend to a Lady I work with, she's found out that as the other people on here say the car is still your property untill you have receved payment.
She is now taking further action against the insurance company, and looks like there starting to worry cause they just offered more money for the car, even though she has already agread to accept a lesser amount
Old 27 March 2006, 10:28 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

i really do have a good mind to report it stolen because its still my property and no one has the right to sell it without informing me
Old 27 March 2006, 10:52 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stephb1986
i really do have a good mind to report it stolen because its still my property and no one has the right to sell it without informing me
Slightly sticky if you've agreed the £1900, even over the 'phone (recorded for 'training' purposes).

It's bloody irritating that they've whisked the car away when you were paying storage for it and unable to make an inventory. If there was anything in the car that's not part of the car, then I think you've a case for reporting that as stolen! Personal effects and items not bolted down or part of the car are yours. ICE and subwoofers is arguable but unless they're paying you for it, you should have the option of providing OEM equivalent equipment.

J.
Old 27 March 2006, 10:57 PM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

keep nagging the insurance company m8 or it will take ages 4 u to get your money m8, they like to keep your money for as long as they can for the interest
Old 28 March 2006, 12:40 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

eventually got hold of my solicitor this morning and gave her the details of everything, and she was pretty pissed off and said she would get back to me later on today so im just waiting but she said she's never heard of it happening before and that i still own the car and they have no right to sell it
Old 28 March 2006, 03:14 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Stephb1986 is the full stop button on your PC not working? *and breathe*
Old 28 March 2006, 04:18 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

lmao yeah it is i just cant be bothered to use it sometimes........ lol there you go ...