Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

ScoobyNet - New Features - Editors, Researchers, etc required...

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2001, 12:18 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi All

Now the new software is up and running, I am turning my attention to the next stage of the development of ScoobyNet..

The front page will become a full working portal with articles, features, etc (inluding news articles, scooby of the day, muppet of the week , video of the week and in time a whole lot more) rather than the holding page it is now.

In order to make it work I need the help of the community in the same way the (deeply appreciated) Moderators support the bbs.

Should you take on one of these roles, your username will display your title below your name (again) in the same way as the Moderators.

The positions up for grabs are as follows...

NewsDesk Researcher
Responsible for seeking out news stories on the net / elsewhere that would be of interest to the community. In most cases, these stories will be published as an snippet with a link to bbc or wherever the story came from. You will have a contol panel that allows you to add your news stories and they will (once approved) appear on the news list for all to see.
Apply to : NewsDeskResearcher@scoobynet.co.uk

NewsDesk Journalist
Mostly writing up stories found by the NewsDesk Researchers to suit scoobynet, but also when convenient arranging and writing articles on various point of interest, including a great article we have planned on Prodrive and the Subaru World Rally Team, which will include going to prodrive, etc. There will be no pressure but it would be great if you have enough of an interest in both the subject matter and the journalistic side that you would enjoy bringing it all back to the community.
Apply to : NewsDeskJournalist@scoobynet.co.uk

NewsDesk Editor
Editing of ScoobyNet NewsDesk articles and stories. Liasing with the Journalists and Researchers towards making the content the very best available on the web.
Apply to : NewsDeskEditor@scoobynet.co.uk

Scooby of the Day Editor
Contacting the owners of the 600 or so Scoobies kindly submitted by many of the scoobynet members in the ScoobyNet Database (earlier this year). Confirming that there is no objection to their car being published as the scooby of the day, and filling in any blanks, editing the content and allocating the cars for the daily feature.
Apply to : SOTDEditor@scoobynet.co.uk

Muppet of the Week Editor
Managing the selection criteria and selecting the ScoobyNet Muppet of the Day (I love this). Composing a short explanation for the choice and allocating the chosen member to the weekly deature.
Apply to : MOTWEditor@scoobynet.co.uk

If you are interested in any of the above, please send me an email on the relevant address above or leave any questions / comments here.

It might end up being a bit of hard work from time to time, but it all goes towards supporting the scoobynet community (which is why we're all here). Also.. if you're interested in a career in the media, I am really keen to make this something we can all be proud of, so you could potentially use it as a source of experience / reference.

All the best

Simon
Old 21 October 2001, 01:14 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muppet of the week? Happy is the man who is paid for his hobby. Check yer mail Si.....
astraboy.
Old 21 October 2001, 01:16 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Mind you, I'll prolly have to select myself most of the time, or have to give PS lewis and imatrukas timeshares.
Old 21 October 2001, 02:46 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Talking

only payment is in gratitude.
Old 21 October 2001, 09:28 AM
jeremy
Scooby Regular

Simon,

What with you being such a good driver, and with so many users of the opinion that most journalists are biased or incomplete in their assesments of cars...

why not create a road test team!! Using democratically created guidelines voted upon by us. Lets test all manner of Scoobys vs other like machines and vs newly minted versions of scoobys- which invariably evolve almost monthly. It would be the first on-line road test report!
Old 21 October 2001, 10:50 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Hi Chaps

Thanks for the replies.

astraboy.. just to clarify.. this is a hobby and a chance to help support the community and create something special, not a paid job.. the same as the moderators.

All the best

Simon
Old 21 October 2001, 11:59 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Red face

The paid for the hobby thing is just a turn of phrase mate.
If I get in then I aint expecting any payment.
astraboy.
Old 21 October 2001, 12:01 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

apologies astraboy.. I mis-understood

all the best

Simon
Old 21 October 2001, 11:36 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Smile

Am I less likely to get one of the posts coz I'm 15!!

Ah well, you have mail anyway Si.
Old 21 October 2001, 11:58 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Hi All

Thank you very much indeed for the great response.

My deepest apologies for not being able to respond to all the emails tonight.. Don't think I'm being rude, I will make a point of replying to everyone tomorrow night.

I am very confident we can make this something very special. Well done everyone.

And no.. age is NOT an issue

All the best

Simon
Old 22 October 2001, 12:11 AM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Woohoo! I have a chance! I'd love this kind of thing just for a nice title!
Old 22 October 2001, 01:09 PM
Tim_P
Scooby Regular

Wink

Shame it's not an 'official' job, I need employment and can write as well as anyone.

When you make a magazine, gimme a shout.