Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knocking noise at rear ov 94 wrx? ? ? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2006, 02:39 PM
Simonz,
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knocking noise at rear ov 94 wrx? ? ? ? ?

hi, ive got a knockin noise that seems to be coming from the rear left hub, or around that area, now this has happened b4. i left it in my driveway for a couple ov days and the noise went....now i took it out the other day and felt the viabrations from the quite quiet noise,...then bout after doing another 200 mile in the next few days it come to the point where the noise and viabration woz obvious...the only way i can describe the noise is.........GOING OVER RUMBLE STRIPS....sounds just the same......wot is it, and why does it go away then come back,...trouble is if i took it into a garage and its not makin the noise, there not going to know what it is! thanks in advance
Old 22 March 2006, 05:37 PM
Eprom
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Simonz,
hi, ive got a knockin noise that seems to be coming from the rear left hub, or around that area, now this has happened b4. i left it in my driveway for a couple ov days and the noise went....now i took it out the other day and felt the viabrations from the quite quiet noise,...then bout after doing another 200 mile in the next few days it come to the point where the noise and viabration woz obvious...the only way i can describe the noise is.........GOING OVER RUMBLE STRIPS....sounds just the same......wot is it, and why does it go away then come back,...trouble is if i took it into a garage and its not makin the noise, there not going to know what it is! thanks in advance
Jack up the car, and have a good look at the tyre, for any bulges, check for any play in the wheel, and also check that the wheel nuts are all tight.
Old 22 March 2006, 07:46 PM
yodajedimaster
Scooby Regular

Warped disc and pad rubbing?
Old 26 March 2006, 10:30 PM
Simonz,
Scooby Regular

cheerz guys btt