Sponsored by:

Upcoming York shootout

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2006, 06:49 PM
Octopus Russ
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upcoming York shootout

Looking forward to the shootout in York. I have no bolt on bits on my uk sti yet, so may feel a little like the new boy at school , Was wondering if us bug eye owners wil have a seperate car park

Two points today really. Keep getting waved at by a Tyne tees scooby owner, am waving back as i am unsure of scooby protacol

Anyone had crap reception with head units. ariel in the back windscreen i believe. not sure if the fm reception booster is working. perhaps just cd's from now on

Great site, always something to smile at
Old 20 March 2006, 07:23 PM
MichaelH
Scooby Regular

Never had any problems with reception (Fellow bug eye sti-uk owner ) and as far as for protocol... I always wave at other scoobs
Old 20 March 2006, 07:49 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

Russ,

Where abouts you from?

Martin
Old 20 March 2006, 08:04 PM
Tuts
Scooby Regular

changed my head unit and had crap reception until i found which wire I needed to connect for the powered aerial box in the boot.
Old 22 March 2006, 06:15 PM
Octopus Russ
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Tuts
changed my head unit and had crap reception until i found which wire I needed to connect for the powered aerial box in the boot.

Is that the box actually in the boot (right of centre, black & red wires ?) or the booster inside the back pillar ?.............dont want to start drilling holes for a new arial yet
Old 06 April 2006, 10:07 PM
Tuts
Scooby Regular

I know this is an old thread so you probably have it fixed now. If not i will check my wiring. There is a wire in the loom which needs connecting to the power aerial wire coming off your stereo loom(if it has one, most do but some don't).
Otherwise you need to connect it to a switched 12v. It is v easy but I can't remember what the wire is like without looking.
Old 07 April 2006, 12:40 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

wouldnt bother with york mate if i were you. 4WD its not the nicest of places to launch from

you would be far better at elvington, in the X class(and all other lanes tbh) there is mud and dust, which when running 2WD is easy to spin off, but lowish powered 4WD cars is a tad more difficult

john

Trending Topics

Old 07 April 2006, 12:44 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

you would be better off at elvington, less mud and dust in the line ups mate. Its fine with a 2WD car when you can spin up the wheels to clear it, but with lowish powered 4WD cars its a tad more difficult, therefore it can lead to alot of slip off the line.

let me know what date you fancy though, if its a standard STI your running, i wouldnt mind going down along side you, as a comparison to mine if you would be so kind. Mines only a UK WRX.

cheers

John
Old 07 April 2006, 09:55 AM
Awd Chaddy
Scooby Regular

John (Evolution)

I thought Uctopus Russ was talking about Elvington? There is a RWYB day this Sunday and of course the Scooby Shootout is due at Elvington next month.

I too have problems with the radio (MY 03 WRX) - it is virtually impossible to get AM (bang goes the football commentary!) The head unit was changed in the first year but still had no effect on the signal in the car. Now only use the unit to listen to CDs. Still, as I love to drive with the windows down listening to that lovely boxer engine there's no need for a radio!!!