Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Several unregistered MY05 STIs at my dealer....

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2006, 03:07 PM
wrx_sti_my04
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several unregistered MY05 STIs at my dealer....

Just had the second year service on an MY04, local dealer in Hampshire, not far from Botley! They have several unregistered MY05 STIs, all lined up out the front, alternate WR Blue and Silver. Each going for a touch under £23k, no hint of free PPP. They also had a 53 plate in the same row at just under £19k.

Doesn't take much marketing skills to realise that having them lined up is hardly going to make them that sought after. £23k is not much of a saving, rather spend the £26k on a new MY06...... or wait until the MY07 comes out and look for a line of MY06s. I reckon the market is pretty flat now for most makes and models. Any views?
Old 14 March 2006, 05:14 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

mate i know for a fact they can be had for little over 21k if you try hard
Old 14 March 2006, 05:57 PM
mickp
Scooby Regular

What are we expecting on the MY07's

Anyone got any idea ?
Old 14 March 2006, 06:00 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

AFAIK It'll be an MY08 - due Oct 07.
Old 14 March 2006, 06:13 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

there was a silver MY05 STi (54 Plate) in A.F Nobles in Penicuik for £19k.only had 2k on clock AFAIK.

Mac
Old 14 March 2006, 07:39 PM
Grahamwrx
Scooby Regular

Just ordered a new dealer supplied UK MY06 STI with a trade in bug eye, equivalent to 24.5K so theres plenty of scope for movement on the 27K asking price. Only 1.5K more than a Malta/Cyprus import (22K + security).

Graham
Old 14 March 2006, 09:18 PM
bpm1588
Scooby Regular

hiya,who was the dealer,mate?i have placed a deposit with my local dealer and he recons he will source me one,but he's taking his time!
cheers b
Old 14 March 2006, 09:53 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx_sti_my04
Just had the second year service on an MY04, local dealer in Hampshire, not far from Botley! They have several unregistered MY05 STIs, all lined up out the front, alternate WR Blue and Silver. Each going for a touch under £23k, no hint of free PPP. They also had a 53 plate in the same row at just under £19k.

Doesn't take much marketing skills to realise that having them lined up is hardly going to make them that sought after. £23k is not much of a saving, rather spend the £26k on a new MY06...... or wait until the MY07 comes out and look for a line of MY06s. I reckon the market is pretty flat now for most makes and models. Any views?
Be interesting to know what they would do one for with PPP on if anyone can find out.
Old 14 March 2006, 09:58 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bpm1588
hiya,who was the dealer,mate?i have placed a deposit with my local dealer and he recons he will source me one,but he's taking his time!
cheers b
Mate it says near Botley in Hampshire. How many Subaru dealers are there in Hampshire? Goes to check...... and I'm back.. Two. http://www.subaru.co.uk/IMGGB/WWW/Su...ument&Start=26

Ask for Roy. Or if he is busy the younger chap with the STI.
Old 14 March 2006, 11:50 PM
bpm1588
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gazz300
Mate it says near Botley in Hampshire. How many Subaru dealers are there in Hampshire? Goes to check...... and I'm back.. Two. http://www.subaru.co.uk/IMGGB/WWW/Su...ument&Start=26

Ask for Roy. Or if he is busy the younger chap with the STI.
hi,i know it might sound a stupid ? but im from n.ireland"thats how keen i am for a new wr blue sti!"and im going to ring the dealer in the morning with the info and give him a little push on!
Old 14 March 2006, 11:56 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course they still have cars for sale .... it IS Spar****ts after all!!

Like that lager advert says, "Spar****ts, probably the worst Car Dealer in the world!"

Anyway, £19,999 is the price of a 05 STi .....

Pete
Old 15 March 2006, 12:00 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

hi,i know it might sound a stupid ? but im from n.ireland"thats how keen i am for a new wr blue sti!"and im going to ring the dealer in the morning with the info and give him a little push on!
well have there eyes out. i would have thought if there are any about they would be wr blue
Old 15 March 2006, 09:04 AM
wrx_sti_my04
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

Like that lager advert says, "Spar****ts, probably the worst Car Dealer in the world!"

Pete

I wouldn't chose to spend much time in any dealership but to be honest I have had no problems with Sparshatts. The initial sale was easy and the three routine trips to the service desk have been trouble free.

Car dealers are selling a product / service just like a plumber or electrician, just because the cost is higher doesn't mean we should expect superior service.
Old 15 March 2006, 09:55 PM
bpm1588
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx_sti_my04

gave these guys a ring today,the cars are there yes but they are pre reg'ed.not only that offered me a terible part exchange + zero movement on the price 22,995!
has no one told them there is a new facelifted version!
Old 15 March 2006, 09:57 PM
bpm1588
Scooby Regular

Pete
have to agree with you there mate!rang them today and am wondering how they are still in buisness!......maby they are collectors(cars)
Old 15 March 2006, 10:18 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Spar****ts, to be honest, have probably long sacked their Sales Manager (who was working there in March 2000) he was a gob****e of the higest order! He has no idea that he's the luckiest man alive, I was controlled as I had a lady friend with me ..... ****!!!

I never forget ....................

Anyway, they were absolutely THE WORST DEALER in the South whilst he sat playing with his dick and calculator!

Pete ... yes, I am still mad!!
Old 15 March 2006, 11:14 PM
wrx_sti_my04
Scooby Regular

Spar****ts, to be honest, have probably long sacked their Sales Manager (who was working there in March 2000) he was a gob****e of the higest order! He has no idea that he's the luckiest man alive, I was controlled as I had a lady friend with me ..... ****!!!

I never forget ....................

Anyway, they were absolutely THE WORST DEALER in the South whilst he sat playing with his dick and calculator!

Pete ... yes, I am still mad!!
Chill out Pete, are we seeing your true colours??
Old 16 March 2006, 07:24 AM
terryb
Scooby Regular

I have to agree with Pete in saying that Sparshatts are awful and well overpriced..
Old 16 March 2006, 07:43 AM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

I got my STi from there and have no problems with them at all.

If you order stuff,it arrives on time and they always call to let you know its in...and didn't their service manager go out of his way to help whatshisname a while ago when his P1 called it a day?

Jon
Old 16 March 2006, 07:48 AM
terryb
Scooby Regular

1 instance of goodwill doesn't overcome plenty of dissatisfied customers.

And as for them helping out whatshisname's P1 (as you call him) - well 6k miles after they rebuilt his engine it has gone bang again - 14 months after it was rebuilt - is that good service ???
Old 16 March 2006, 08:03 AM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

I was just pointing out that I was happy enough with them

and with 3 years free servicing they can overprice as much as they want
Old 16 March 2006, 10:42 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Have you tried Eden Cars in Carrickfergus?

Shaun
Old 16 March 2006, 01:47 PM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

Just go to your local dealer he will be able to get you the car from where ever, they will load it onto a transporter and deliver it to him.
Old 16 March 2006, 05:57 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by barrybudden
Just go to your local dealer he will be able to get you the car from where ever, they will load it onto a transporter and deliver it to him.
is this fact? they'll do that?

only asking as i may well thrash out some figures with my local dealer tommorow who i know doesn't have any pre-reg sti's, but looking on the scooby site there's still a few kicking around elsewhere.

ta
Old 16 March 2006, 09:10 PM
bpm1588
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
Have you tried Eden Cars in Carrickfergus?

Shaun
gave charlie of eden a shout,he has two crystal grey's but,to be honest im after a wr blue or black.i dont mind the crystal grey but her that must be obeyed wont let me get the grey!...."i wont delve to much into my relationship"plus i have given donnely a deposit and hes trying to source me the car i want.
also belive it or not the price im getting of donnely is better than eden's and he's sitting with two that dont seem to be shifting that fast!plus if i was to take the grey of donnely he would be taking it off eden.....??
Old 17 March 2006, 11:52 AM
louisjones
Scooby Newbie

Default 05MY STi's

Having seen the thread on the STi's, I should like to respond on behalf of Sparshatts. The first thing I should like to say relates to the suggestion that "it is not clever marketing". Please understand that we had no intention of being clever. It is ironic that we are being accused of asking too much for them whilst at the same time marketing them in a way which undervalues them. Our intention was to make it very clear exactly how many cars we had and the fact that they are ready to be driven off our forecourt immediately. We have never tried to be clever in our marketing as we dont believe the product lends itself to anything other than clear and honest advertising.

As far as the price is concerned, firstly, I should say they are not "a touch under £23,000". They are, in fact, £22,499 which represents just short of a £4,000 saving off list price. Those of you with a long association with the product will know that Subaru are not known for giving huge bonuses on cars so you will appreciate, I hope, that the saving represents more than we have received from the manufacturer. We took the view that we should take Subaru up on their offer and accepted a fair number of the cars at what we felt was an attractive price. Not every dealer in the network wished to take the risk that we did so, consequently, the cars are not available (as has been suggested in the thread) throughout the network. These cars are extremely short in supply and when they have gone, they have gone. We have only 8 remaining in stock, three crystal grey, one silver and four WR blue and I have to say, we have received interest from around the country and Ireland too. That would suggest we have priced them fairly. We will not, however, send them on a transporter to any other dealer who wishes to sell them as was also suggested in the thread. Ideally, these cars will stay in and around Hampshire where we have worked extremely hard to market the Subaru product.

Our screen price also represents a £4,500 saving against the 06 model year which, whilst we appreciate wont appeal to those people who want the current model, still represents excellent value when comparing the two cars.

I make no apology for wanting to make a profit on cars. That is, after all, what we are in business for but I have to say, as the top selling dealer in the UK for two of the last three years and, being at the top of the sales chart again this year, it would appear that our pricing policy is just about where it should be. We are always open to a deal but, as is always the case, demand sets the price. Some years ago, we were turning down premiums on Turbo's as we did not feel it was ethical to take them although some customers were extremely persuasive. We do not believe in taking what is not a fair price for a product but, at the same time, we endeavour to achieve a fair price when we have a product which people want. As far as these STi's are concerned, I dont believe they are expensive. There are one or two on the net for cheaper than ours and there are as many on the net for more than ours. We are, therefore, right in the middle which is were we would want to be.

To conclude, these cars are fairly priced and they are selling well at that price.

Louis Jones
Managing Director
Sparshatts of Botley
Old 17 March 2006, 12:50 PM
Big C
Scooby Regular

........and there you have it.

C
Old 17 March 2006, 01:45 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Or you could just pay STI £22295 SAVING £4,700 off list price of £26,995 + alarm +tracker? for a Euro 06 model
Whilst I understand the need for dealers to make profits perhaps Louis would be prepared to tell us what the real markup is on Subarus

Originally Posted by Big C
........and there you have it.

C
Old 17 March 2006, 01:55 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Just seen a Crystal grey MY05 STI at motorpoint with 7,000 Miles for £16.5k,surely that is a bargain, don't know if it has been taken in P/X or is one of their EU demo's.

mac.
Old 17 March 2006, 01:55 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Just seen a Crystal grey MY05 STI at motorpoint with 7,000 Miles for £16.5k,surely that is a bargain, don't know if it has been taken in P/X or is one of their EU demo's.

mac.

Quick Reply: Several unregistered MY05 STIs at my dealer....