Sponsored by:

STI MY 06 newbie questions!

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2006, 02:06 PM
SineSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI MY 06 newbie questions!

1. Mudflaps. I cannot find them for STI MY06 (new model). Is the previous model mudflaps same as the new one (dimensions and holes)?

2. Dump valve. Can I change my original one with another (only for sound) without any problems for my motor. If yes, which one is recomended?

3. Backbox. Same like 2. Sound and no problems for motor without remaping.

Thanks for answers. I'm new here and I'm from Croatia so I must find adwice here because Subaru is rare car here. Thanks again!
Old 13 March 2006, 02:14 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Mudflaps for the 03-05 cars should fit. They haven't changed the rear bumper so the mounting holes will be the same there. Although the front wings are different due to the new shaped lights, I can't see why they would have messed with the mounting holes for the flaps on the front arches.
There is a slight risk of any VTA (vent to atmosphere) DV damaging your engine in the long term. Overfuelling caused by such valves can lead to bore wash which can result in cylinder damage, and thinning of the oil which may lead to big-end failure. The car may also run like a dog. If you want some of the noise without the risk, research removing the intake resonator and ram-air scoop, along with a free flowing panel filter. Works for me.
A BB won't cause any damage, but if it isn't Subaru (WR Sport) or Prodrive then your warranty will be at risk in the event of any claim which could be attributed to it. Why give someone an excuse to get out of a £4k (or equivilent) rebuild.
Old 13 March 2006, 02:58 PM
Jolley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
A BB won't cause any damage, but if it isn't Subaru (WR Sport) or Prodrive then your warranty will be at risk in the event of any claim which could be attributed to it. Why give someone an excuse to get out of a £4k (or equivilent) rebuild.
I had 2 rebuilds on a car with a TSL Group N Backbox with no questions asked. So in my experience this should not be a problem.
Old 13 March 2006, 03:03 PM
Edward
Scooby Regular

Reference mudflaps - I've just ordered these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4603742273

For my MY06 Sti - I hope to fit them over the weekend, I'll let you know how I get on.

Exhaust - probably best checking with your countries main importer what will or won't affect your warranty.
Old 13 March 2006, 05:44 PM
SineSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Edward
Reference mudflaps - I've just ordered these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4603742273

For my MY06 Sti - I hope to fit them over the weekend, I'll let you know how I get on.

Exhaust - probably best checking with your countries main importer what will or won't affect your warranty.
Thanks! Please let me know is everything is o.k. with mudflaps. They look nice.
Old 19 March 2006, 10:55 PM
Edward
Scooby Regular

Just fitted the mudflaps this afternoon, good quality product at a very good price.