Sponsored by:

Lets hear it for NAM and Tyres Northampton

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2001, 10:11 AM
Tim Taylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

These are two of best companies for service. I ordered some Defi gauges from Craig at TRAX this year but due to some supply problems they took their take coming over from the land of the rising sun. They finally arrived this week. I also ordered the APS cold air induction kit as well. These are some seriously nice pieces of kit. He then delivered them done to Tyres Northampton where I was to get them fitted with my Eibach springs.

So I travelled up to TN from Essex to have them fitted by the infamous Elvis. Well, the name does not do TN justice. What a nice set up they have there. TV in the waiting room, coffee on tap. It’s much more than just tyres. I went there because of their reputation and skills in fitting these mods.

Elvis started work on my car about 9.30 with the gauges. He didn't mind me watching what was going on ('cos I'm a nosy sod) He fitted the gauges in no time. It show's that he's done these a few times. As he was fitting the gauges we realised that the English instructions that Craig had put in the box had been misplaced. Despite me looking in the bins it was not found. No problem a quick call to Craig and he faxed over a fresh set

He then started on the APS cold air intake. Again this was no real challenge. It fitted like a glove. The mounts were perfect. The only problem we had was the cables for the MAF were not long enough so we had to put the MAF back in upside down.

The springs were fitted in just over an hour. A record I believe.

I left there about 2.30pm with all my new mods fitted and a big smile on my chops

The gauges look fantastic in the car. I went with the 60mm ones in the end. No particular reason except they would be easier to read than the smaller ones. The springs feel great. There is no real difference driving along the road which is nice, no bumping around all over the place. But when you turn a corner, WOW. They are a must for all scoobs. The APS intake system is fantastic. The noise is not loud except when you floor it on max boost. It pulls much better in the gears now. When I drove home down the M1 and accelerated in 5th from 80mph it pulled like it was in 4th.

I can't wait now for next Tuesday. That's when I get my Unichip installed and mapped by Power Station and my bump steer at the same time.

Tim
Old 19 October 2001, 12:02 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

nice 1 Tim

Craig is a nice chap isnt he!

P
Old 19 October 2001, 02:05 PM
Tim Taylor
Scooby Regular