Sponsored by:

Interior scratch removal

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2001, 11:20 PM
oilpond
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I just brought a 2002 wrx. And i just got a scratch on the black plastic next to the glove compartment. It leaves like a silvery mark. If it didnt stand out so much i wouldnt really care. What can i use to take care of this. What products shoudl i use to make the result look professional and virtually unnoticable?
Old 19 October 2001, 09:07 AM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sorry chap, I deleted your email cos I thought it was a pi$$ take

Should have introduced yourself first then I would have taken it more seriously (assuming it was you and I'm not confusing the hell out of somebody that doesn't know what I'm going on about!).

In answer to your question though, haven't a clue I've got the odd interior scratch here and there but I've left them alone. I'm sure most of the stuff you can get from general auto shops will do the job though
Old 19 October 2001, 09:59 AM
Jason L
Scooby Regular

Oilpond,

Welcome to the board mate.... we chatted last night about your interior scratch and i had the Evo6...

Hope you managed to get the scratch sorted...

As i said plenty of USA based drivers on here so they should be able to help you out with making your WRX ownership more fun !!

Jason
Old 19 October 2001, 10:16 AM
miggs
Scooby Regular

Have to agree with hanslow i deleted your email aswell thought something was dodgy as you didnt introduce yourself nevermind

What we have over this way is a man in a van who will come to you and repair plastic bumpers he also does interior scratches its the same as dent devils have a look in your phone directory to see if you have the same sort of thing

HTH

Miggs
Old 19 October 2001, 10:38 AM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

I deleted your mail aswell.......who are you my dear chap?

Anyway, I fear that these marks....be they scratches or otherwise are extremely tricky to remove from interior dash areas (have a couple myself you see)

Some companies as mentioned above claim to e able to sort it out....but have no experience of these inside the car. I would suggest trying some of that 'back to black' stuff you get for faded bumpers/tyres...BUT USE IT IN AN INCONSPICUOUS AREA FIRST...I don't know this will work, but might help conceal????

Old 19 October 2001, 10:46 AM
JasonHook
Scooby Regular

I had just such a repair done by a local company looks really good but I think the results can be temporary if the area is regularly touched.

Can't remember the company name but I'm sure the techniques are similar from company to company.

Jason
Old 19 October 2001, 11:47 AM
Jason L
Scooby Regular

Guys

I think the problem Oilpond will have is he is based in the USA !!! so don't think they get Autoglym etc type products...

Jason
Old 19 October 2001, 11:50 AM
Scrappy2
Scooby Regular

Question

I got is mail and deleted it as well - thinking I was on some sort of mailing list - What's going on, is it some kind of new Scoobynet thing?
Old 19 October 2001, 01:17 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Mmm, I got the email as well. But it says it's from Tennisbum2000@hotmail.com which doesn't match oilpond's profile. I didn't delete it, but was rather suspicious and ignored it.

Can't help with the scratch, but I am concerned that someone may be able to download the entire Scoobynet email address book...
Old 19 October 2001, 04:06 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

oli, if you're not on there already then may I suggest you check out i-club and thier forums. There are some great chaps on there, plus it's usa based. some of us also drop in from time to time.
Old 19 October 2001, 09:40 PM
oilpond
Scooby Newbie

Hey, hey guys, im sorry, but im alittle paranoid (I guess u can put it) about my scratch. I really want to thank you guys for being so friendly with me. Yes my other email is tennisbum2002@hotmail.com . Sorry for bombarding you guys. But I must say im kind of surprised i got so much response. In america, we usually dont give advice to strangers as much. You australians or "other countrians" are awesome! Right now, ive heard that i can just call a plastic repair and that they could help me. I wouldnt be willing to spend over 20 bucks. Im sure it would be pretty easy for professionals. Thanks Guys