Sponsored by:

Bye Bye Scooby Hello Mazda RX7

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2006, 01:01 PM
DBMSCOOBY99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Bye Bye Scooby Hello Mazda RX7

I managed to sell my Scooby after trying for 2 months . But I've now gone and got myself a UK spec Mazda RX7 . The scooby was a superb car and I had it for 3 years, but it was time to move on. The scoob never once let me down. But I would say the best bit about owning the Impreza was the community of Scooby drivers. No doubt I'll be back at some point.

I only picked the RX7 up yesterday, so can't really comment on it yet. But one thing I've noticed is the fuel consumption is a tad bad when you give it a bit of stick. But the handling and feed back the car gives is really good. Here's a pic of the RX

Last edited by DBMSCOOBY99; 27 February 2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 27 February 2006, 01:10 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Lovely looking car, but as you say, fuel consumption is horrendous. I think fairly regular oil changes are required for rotary engines too.
Old 27 February 2006, 01:14 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

One of our mates from London has a RX7 and I really quite like them, apart from the fact that theres no room in the back and they might aswell be a 2 seater, no good for us having a kid etc, but we had a big meet up with friends in Notts over a year ago now and our mate was staying at ours, I said I would go down in his car the next morning and my hubby was in our scoob, once we got on the motorway I was gripping on to the seat for dear life, he really put his foot down and the fuel did go down quick, his exhaust is so loud that all you can hear is a loud humming noise going through your head which was annoying as it didn't seem to matter how much the stereo was turned up the noise was still there! I ended up getting back in our scoob at the services as I had to get out the RX, our mate had put the fear of god in to me, I quite liked how the seats are so low but are fitted around your body and so comfortable, I didn't think they would have been at first glance. Hope you have fun with it.
Old 27 February 2006, 05:44 PM
RedScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul3446
Lovely looking car, but as you say, fuel consumption is horrendous. I think fairly regular oil changes are required for rotary engines too.
Weekly.
Great choice mate, great handling cars with superb brakes. I don't envy your fuel and oil consumption, but it's worth getting a Rex just for the looks and seamless power delivery. They're not as fragile a people make out, either.
Old 27 February 2006, 08:51 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

don't know if you've used the mazdarotary.com site but the yellow RX7 in the background used to be owned by clive who runs the site. pretty clued up with his mazdas and a nice guy to boot.

runs a tuning firm aswell which is nice