Sponsored by:

might be of interest re. camera vans

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2006, 11:27 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default might be of interest re. camera vans

today there was a camera van parked on the marlybone flyover (over the top of the edware road) in london. Not too much of a problem you might think and i noticed it early in mid-morning and was around it all day thanks to me charging to regents park and back to victoria while avoiding the CC. For those who dont know it (this is important to the story) you basically drive along the marylbone road, onto the flyover over the edgware road,back to road level quickly (few hundred metres) and then onto another flyover that carries you onto the a40. So its like a very small double crested hill. The van was at the bottom of the dip. Today some poor guy on a bike was knocked of right in front of the camera van at the top of the hill. I beleive from what i hear from collegues who were 3 or 4 cars back, a guy in a car saw the van and instinctively breaked and the bike hit the breaking car. They said they were only doing 30....

Now sorry to the biker and everybody involved but this really raises the issue of sneaky camera vans. I know i instictively go to break no matter if im on the speed limit or not. I know there is an issue of speeding here, thats why the vans are in place, but surely this must be a problem?

what do you lot think?