Sponsored by:

any ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2006, 09:29 PM
m493
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ideas

found 3 fault codes on my 95 wrx import today crank position sensor ,mass air flow sensor and pressure sensor and wouldnt run properly start it it would tick over rough for abot ten seconds then cut out then when i went to start it again it would just make a single clunk noise so i was advised to do a ecu reset leave battery off for 3 hours .3 hours past went out re connected the battery now it turns over but wont fire up any ideas

cheers mike
Old 03 February 2006, 10:50 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m493
found 3 fault codes on my 95 wrx import today crank position sensor ,mass air flow sensor and pressure sensor and wouldnt run properly start it it would tick over rough for abot ten seconds then cut out then when i went to start it again it would just make a single clunk noise so i was advised to do a ecu reset leave battery off for 3 hours .3 hours past went out re connected the battery now it turns over but wont fire up any ideas

cheers mike
I hate to state the obvious, but the fault codes often tell you when things don't work.

If the crank sensor is buggered it won't fire. If the MAF is buggered it will have trouble running etc. If the pressure sensor is buggered you won't get any boost over .5 bar (ish).

It could actually be the wiring or the ECU (seen that before) and the sensors could be fine.