Hi.. Advice on first Scooby

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2006, 05:41 PM
Tim Nice but Dim
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi.. Advice on first Scooby

Hi everyone.
New to the forums. Considering my first scooby.. was wondering if you could give any input.The car is as follows:-

MY04 Black Metallic WRX SL (registered June 2004) Prodrive performance pack, Haywood and Scott downpipe, Prodrive gear ****, Spec C carbon fibre rear spoiler, Tinted side indicators, Sunstrip, Morette headlamp conversion, tinted windows, Scott Lowe front splitter (colour coded), Front grill "i" badge, Lower mesh grill, Boot mat, armrest extension, Mud flaps, Alloys (powder coated black), strut brace, samco radiator hoses x 2, tein bonnet raisers, tein lowering springs, Carbon pulley guard, radiator splitter, Carbon effect battery cover, STi oil cap, De tango'd rear indicator bulbs, De badged bootlid.
Blaupunkt DAB cd/radio.

It is one owner from new, with just 10K miles and has 2 free services and the remainder of its three year warranty, the car is immaculate and offered througha main dealer for £17k, any comments would be appreciated.

cheers
PS.
I currently drive a Cliosport 172 Cu at the moment which I intend to keep, any suggestions for insurance would help,I'm 41 with full NCD on what would be both cars.
Old 01 February 2006, 06:27 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It sounds quite a tidy car and actually has a decent stereo! Price is very steep though. Save yourself a couple of grand and get an '03 Sti instead.
Old 01 February 2006, 06:58 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

£17k should get you an STi, but maybe not with as many toys as you list. For insurance try A-Plan, who won't mind the mods

Welcome to SNet.
Old 01 February 2006, 10:54 PM
Tim Nice but Dim
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the comments. Why would I want a STi over a prodrive upgraded WRX?

Cheers
Old 01 February 2006, 10:58 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tim Nice but Dim
Thanks for the comments. Why would I want a STi over a prodrive upgraded WRX?

Cheers
It's a better platform for more modding, if that's your thing. You might not like the harsher ride of the sti. And the sunroof and leather might be nice.

17,000 is a hell of a lot, though.
Old 02 February 2006, 08:29 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Seems massively overpriced to me, second hand Subarus are struggling at the moment, I'd have thought about £13 -£14k would be more realistic.
Old 06 February 2006, 02:41 PM
Tim Nice but Dim
Scooby Newbie

hi,
thanks to those of you that came back to me with the offer of advice,it is appreciated.
I did go back to the dealer and negotiated a price of £15750, to include 12 months road tax and as I mentioned previously the vehicle also has 2 services remaining free of charge.
I did ulimately feel that all the work and expense that the car had been thrown at it warranted the price paid,bearing in mind that it has been rolling roaded at 292bhp, it still seems a cheap car, that is only just over 18 months old.
ps. I did also get to keep all the parts of the car that had been replaced with others,exhaust, radio/cd spoiler etc.so can poss. Ebay them for a few quid??

Trending Topics

Old 06 February 2006, 02:47 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Hi

You could stick them on ebay, personally I would keep them - if you want to sell the car second hand you will make more money returning the car to standard and selling the mods on seperately. Thats a long way off though considering you are just buying the car

If you have the room, I would keep them.

hi,
thanks to those of you that came back to me with the offer of advice,it is appreciated.
I did go back to the dealer and negotiated a price of £15750, to include 12 months road tax and as I mentioned previously the vehicle also has 2 services remaining free of charge.
I did ulimately feel that all the work and expense that the car had been thrown at it warranted the price paid,bearing in mind that it has been rolling roaded at 292bhp, it still seems a cheap car, that is only just over 18 months old.
ps. I did also get to keep all the parts of the car that had been replaced with others,exhaust, radio/cd spoiler etc.so can poss. Ebay them for a few quid??
Old 06 February 2006, 03:35 PM
New_scooby_04

I did ulimately feel that all the work and expense that the car had been thrown at it warranted the price paid,bearing in mind that it has been rolling roaded at 292bhp,
Given those mods, I'd suggest that this figure is a tad optimistic.

Ns04
Old 06 February 2006, 04:07 PM
SivMY05Sti
Scooby Regular

Dunno........Armrest extention must be worth 10bhp......and as for the 'i' grill.......

Sounds like a great car....
Old 06 February 2006, 04:09 PM
Eckmcmann
Scooby Regular

I agree with everyone mate 17k is a bit steep for a wrx... 17k should get a 03sti with prodrive?
Old 06 February 2006, 04:12 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

It looks like the price was 15750 not 17k as mentioned before.
Old 06 February 2006, 04:29 PM
Tim Nice but Dim
Scooby Newbie

Yes the fnal price was £15750 and the car has also had other work done in addtion to the PPP including some sort of re-map, I am sure some of you guys will know the car as i understand the previous owner was a scoobynet member and had the car "rolling roaded" at a meet! I will try and find out the private palte it was registerred under.
Old 06 February 2006, 04:31 PM
Tim Nice but Dim
Scooby Newbie

The main dealer was Haddocks, Colchester, Essex and in the "dealers" words had created a lot of interest, but then you'd expect him to say that! still I'm happy, will try and put up some pics it really does look very nice and aggressive!

Last edited by Tim Nice but Dim; 06 February 2006 at 04:37 PM.