Sponsored by:

Winow Tint. Advice please

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2006, 11:49 PM
willfal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winow Tint. Advice please

shorlty my car will be completly resprayed, during this time i want to tint the windows in the car. nothing gangster or corsa club like.!!

I want the rear winscreen and rear passenger side windows the same level of tint and the front side windows lighter.

I have never bought window tint before and wondered what would be the best level of tint to go for and where to buy.

Any pics of your classic scoobs with tints would be great. particularly RB5 versions as my car will be painted a colour very similar.

Cheers
Will
Old 01 February 2006, 12:04 AM
Adam Hybrid
Scooby Regular

personally mate i wouldn't tint it, but if you're defo going to i'd day go for a very light smoke up front and medium at the back. As you say anythin darker and max power effect starts creepin in
Old 01 February 2006, 08:30 AM
HowiesPreza
Scooby Regular

Location: Whitley Bay the Falaraki of the North! sold CTR bought another scooby, got refund after legal battle

yeah light smoke on the front and medium on the back - it's all you need to get it right. Plus the police can make you remove the front ones (at the side of the road if they are being "strict"). I'd advise getting them done profesionally - bout £180 i think - I have tried my other cars in the past (not the scoob) the sides are ok but to get the back right you have to cut it into strips - all attempts i made i took off the back after a couple of days cause you can't get it right like they do when they heat it on round the curve.
Old 01 February 2006, 08:35 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

If you want to take a £230 gamble then have them tinted the same all round. I have been pulled a couple of times for my plate and never asked about the tints. You're either lucky or you're not.

Gary

Edited to say mine are pretty light all round though, so may be perfectly legal anyway
Old 01 February 2006, 08:38 AM
HowiesPreza
Scooby Regular

Location: Whitley Bay the Falaraki of the North! sold CTR bought another scooby, got refund after legal battle

Thats true - a mate of mine has had his for years and not a problem another mate had his 16 hrs and the cops made him take them off at the side of the road otherwise they would class his car as un road worthy. (same % tint on both cars)
Old 01 February 2006, 12:39 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

I got mine done at Pentagon, i dont trust my own ability.

Got it done in light smoke and it costs around £45 a window. I got the Supaglass (anti-smash grab film at the same time, which took it to £60 a window.)

I had to sign an agreement for getting the fronts done, but they stated they haven't had a single car in to get the light smoke on the front removed.

It's a nice shade, not gangsta-bad-boy-whatever. Even the nervous wifey commented that it is good and much much better than she expected.

Of course i only got it done to protect my kiddos eyes

http://www.pentagonglasstech.com/homepage.asp
Old 01 February 2006, 01:03 PM
HowiesPreza
Scooby Regular

Just to add - the ones that were made to be removed were the dark smoke - i think light is ok, medium is pushing it - apparently the police have a light % meter or some bullsh*t gatget to measue. The cop who made him remove it didn't tho - but he knew the risk when he had them done - the fool!

Trending Topics

Old 01 February 2006, 01:39 PM
Tripple'O G
Scooby Regular

Limo at the back, legal on the front.
The back will then make the fronts look darker, without actually being illegal......Plus the amount of light that comes through the windscreen will always make the front ones look lighter.....