Sponsored by:

How often shoul you?

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2006, 11:45 AM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How often shoul you?

Change an uprated standard filter panel. Should they be changed as reguarly as the std ones and do some of these still damage maf sensors?
Old 28 January 2006, 12:35 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

An uprated standard panel filter?!! hehe

They supposedly have a lifetimes guarentee. Whenever mines had a service i have a look at it, if it needs cleaning i give it a clean!
Old 28 January 2006, 02:19 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

A little confusing in the description, but I think you mean it's an aftermarket uprated panel filter using the standard air intake box, as opposed to an induction kit or similar

If you choose the STi replacement then it is a serviceable item and should be replaced at each normal service as per an OE filter. Any of the lifetime filters from the like of JR Racing, K&N and Green simply require a quick clean (a blast of air from an airline usually does the trick ) every service and a full clean and re-oiling every 50-100,000 miles. There have been concerns expressed on here regarding ITG filters damaging MAF sensors due to excessive oil. Cars from MY98-00 should be given extra caution as they were usually supplied with hotwire MAF's which were particularly sensitive and prone to failure. Many owners of this generation of car class MAF replacement as a regular service job

HTH