Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheeky barsteward dented my wing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2006, 05:26 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cheeky barsteward dented my wing!!!

Parked outside a pub just now, engine running but handbrake on. A taxi pulled up RIGHT next to me, so close I was immediately concerned.

Driver gets out and walks into the pub and a few seconds later comes back out and gets into the taxi, followed by a woman and man.

Either the man or woman bang the front of my car as they walk past and then the woman opens the rear passenger door.

BANG! against my drivers side front wing. BANG! again as she gets into the car. BANG! a third time as the bloke opens the door to speak to her.

By this time I'm fuming and open the window. "Oi, you've just banged my car! What the hell are you doing?". No response, totally ignored.

I get out of the car and say again "You've just banged my fu*kin car, what the f*ck are you doing". The bloke mutters something and the woman completely ignores me. I address her sat in the back of the taxi "You've just banged my car!".

She replies with the V sign and "FU*K OFF" from inside the car. "FU*K you, you slag!" I reply. At which point the taxi driver, aware of the arguement just drives off leaving me and the bloke behind.

He took exception to me calling her a slag and says "Shut the f*ck up or I'll rip your face off!". "Go on then I reply".

A arguement ensues followed by him grabbing me round the neck and punching me in the face!!

I close the drivers door and step towards him, he swings for me again so I block it and punch him in the side of the face (in self defence). He stumbles back and realises I'm no pu55y and backs off.

He threatens to kick the **** out of my car so I threaten to kick the **** out of him. He finishes with "fu*kin piece of japanese **** anyway" and retreats to a safe distance.

We exchange "I'm gonna kill you looks" and I decide to drive off rather than batter him.....

I'm not condoning violence but what a wan*ker?!?!?

I've phoned the taxi company to complain that the driver drove off even though he knew what had happened and to request the drivers details. I'm going to insist they pay for the dent to be removed from the wing (bigger than a trolley ding!!! ).

WTF
Old 15 January 2006, 05:52 PM
scoobyjimbo
Scooby Regular

bloudy hell there are some right nutters around, on drugs?? you dont expect that sort of thing in cowbridge do you..

Hope you are ok mate

J
Old 15 January 2006, 05:59 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

People comming out of a pub....what do you expect? Probably drunk so didn't have clue of what they were doing.

Still doesn't make it right though.
Old 15 January 2006, 06:06 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

hmmn now i say keep on at the taxi firm end of day there customers there car they fooki pay, i had v v similar ina train station last year some dopey slag done the same but cracked my rear light, the taxi firm ended up giving me 40 quid to replace the rear cluster, i was fair just said i want 40 quid to source a used part

but as yours is panel damage its more than likely a few hundred
Old 15 January 2006, 06:16 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

It's the principle as well. To completly ignore me when I confront them and to tell me to f*ck off!

How can you expect to damage someone's car while they're sat in it and not expect them to get out and say something?!?!?
Old 15 January 2006, 06:16 PM
green scooby sport
Scooby Regular

most people don't give a **** to your pride and joy in carparks hope the taxi company pay out for you mate
Old 15 January 2006, 06:19 PM
ben1413
Scooby Regular

Some people have absolutely no repsect for other's property. Did you manage to get the Taxi's drivers license plate or taxi number? Keep on at the firm and make sure they pay for the damage caused. Not too sure why the taxi driver would have parked that close to you?

Glad your alright though and hope you get it sorted.

Ben
Old 15 January 2006, 06:30 PM
Ozzy_B
Scooby Regular

Totally feel for you mate, id have prob have done the same as you, people like that really really annoy me
Old 15 January 2006, 06:33 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Richie
Old 15 January 2006, 06:54 PM
Scooby-kid
Scooby Regular

Red face

ignorance.....

Scotty
Old 15 January 2006, 07:04 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Rule of law to Subaru drivers:

Never park in supermarket car parks (send the missus on her pushbike)
Never never park outside public houses (**** artist alert)
Never park in street at night (if this can't be avoided sell and buy a Nissan Micra).
All the above are a sign of the times unfortunately.
Old 15 January 2006, 07:11 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Sounds like you over reacted and spoke to the wrong person. Had you spoken to the driver in the first instance I am sure it would not have descended into the common pub carpark fight that it did.
Not saying the woman was right to damage your car but neither were you with your reaction.
Old 15 January 2006, 07:18 PM
Barnesy
Scooby Regular

First job report to the police, he's attacked you in the street!!
Old 15 January 2006, 07:21 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PG
Sounds like you over reacted and spoke to the wrong person. Had you spoken to the driver in the first instance I am sure it would not have descended into the common pub carpark fight that it did.
Not saying the woman was right to damage your car but neither were you with your reaction.
As it was the man and woman that gave me abuse and banged the door, it seemed prudent to raise it with them first. The driver didn't give me the opportunity to discuss it with him because he drove off.

I have phoned the taxi firm and spoken with the owner who has agreed in principle that his driver driving off was unacceptable.

Like I said, I'm not condoning road rage and I'm not bragging about hitting him back but you seem to be overlooking the fact that a) they blantantly damaged my car while I was sat in it b) they then ignored me when I question them and c) they tell me to f*ck off and then punch me in the face!!!

Edit: p.s. Over reacted??? Kicking the **** out of him might have been over reacting (and possibly deserved) but I'm comfortable with the way I handled it.

Last edited by Trap2Terrorist; 15 January 2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 15 January 2006, 07:41 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

People have no respect for peoples property these days. They probably drive a rusty piece of Sh*t in anycase. What annoyed me reading that, was when she told you to Fcukoff, even though she knew she'd hit your car.
You have better control than me, cos I'd have ******* chinned her as well, and kicked the Taxi when it started to drive off.

Personaly, as soon as the taxi pulled up that close, I think I'd have probaly moved expecting what has obviously happened, to happen. I know "Why should I move" but better safe than sorry.

I always take up 2 spaces, no matter what, just for that reason. People don't give a sh*t.
Old 15 January 2006, 07:54 PM
sgcooby
Scooby Regular

I always take up 2 spaces, no matter what, just for that reason. People don't give a sh*t. [/quote]

Worst thing you can do mate as it just gets everyones back up and if they are looking for a space in a busy carpark you are asking for someone to maliciously damage your car. Best thing to do is park miles away i.e furthest space in the car park as not many people like walking. Ask my bird she hates it.
Old 15 January 2006, 08:17 PM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

Tell the taxi company to pay up or you report it as a fail to stop accident and the driver gets the points as well as the insurance company pay out (note - will only work if you can remember the number plate, or the police wont do anything)

Straight forward really.
Old 15 January 2006, 08:25 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my eyes your a hero.. Stood up for yourself and didnt take a beating!!
I'd report it to the Police too if I were you, cover yourself incase that fella tries it
Old 15 January 2006, 08:52 PM
PPPsteveo
Scooby Regular

Jeez mate!!! thats harsh, quality woman in the back eh....peeps dont give a crap about others cars....had loads of sainsbury kisses in my last car...it was imaculate when i got it, had the scoob for 5 weeks and trying to keep it safe too..fighting a losing battle i reckon.....i dont think you over reacted....desert eagle would have been over reacting, went to the states last year to visit friends.....got 8 guns !!! including a .45 in the glove box.....hmmm....'for traffic disputes' !!!!!!!! hope you've calmed a bit....i hate people
Old 15 January 2006, 09:20 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Some good news people.

The owner of the taxi company phoned me back this evening and confirmed which taxi it was and that he had a female passenger.

The driver reckons he drove off without realising anything was going on other than me rowing with a bloke next to the taxi. However when I told him that I spoke to the woman in the back through the window and she gave me the V's and told me to f*ck off, he told me to get the dent repaired and to send him the bill.

He's going to take it out the guys wages because he doesn't want it to go through the police or insurance.

I feel better about the car now but am still pi55ed off about the punch in the face...