Sponsored by:

1st year up! Want more power

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2006, 06:41 PM
147scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st year up! Want more power

Well i've just passed my first yr as a wrx owner and can honestly say i've loved it!! However i keep dreming of more power, can't afford sti till poss next year, as now i'm out of warranty wondered whats the best way to squeeze that bit more juice for not too much cash. I've got standard wrx 52 plate with 22k on the clock, basically a blank canvas. I'm not talking some dodgy part you stick on your fuel line sold by some bloke on ebay. got to be reliable and reputable! spoke to the guys at scooby clinic in chesterfield, very helpful but he basically spent over a grand for me in less than 5 mins and created an sti set up. The lads really know there stuff tho. Any advice appreciated
Old 12 January 2006, 07:20 PM
killa
Scooby Regular

LOOk in general technical there are a few peeps doing the same..
Old 12 January 2006, 09:43 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by 147scoob
Well i've just passed my first yr as a wrx owner and can honestly say i've loved it!! However i keep dreming of more power, can't afford sti till poss next year, as now i'm out of warranty wondered whats the best way to squeeze that bit more juice for not too much cash. I've got standard wrx 52 plate with 22k on the clock, basically a blank canvas. I'm not talking some dodgy part you stick on your fuel line sold by some bloke on ebay. got to be reliable and reputable! spoke to the guys at scooby clinic in chesterfield, very helpful but he basically spent over a grand for me in less than 5 mins and created an sti set up. The lads really know there stuff tho. Any advice appreciated
You're not going to like this mate, but my advice would be just to leave it untill you can get the Sti, all cheap modifications to raise the power will do is put the car at risk and possibly make it harder to sell on to fund your Sti.

The proper and "safe" way to bring a car up to that spec is decat the exhaust, decent panel filter and a Ecutek remap (about 1k).

Ns04