Sponsored by:

Nebody had trouble buying from?

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2006, 09:55 PM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nebody had trouble buying from?

Scoobia mania? I bought a boost guage before xmas and when i fitted it after xmas I found it was delivered damaged. Phoned them in the new year to get it sorted and he said that I had done it and it was tough! He said they 100% inspect things before they go out n it couldnt have been done. But I didnt see the damage until I opened it! It had obviously been damaged when packaged at the factory it was made in! He did say I could sent it to them and they would decide if it could have been seen from the inside the packaging. But if I do they will say you could have and it wasnt when we sent it out. I guese if I really inspected it in detail before opening I may of. But who does that! Jus a bit gutted.
Old 10 January 2006, 10:15 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Was it sent recorded delivery and did you have to sign for it on delivery?

If you did sign then you are normally also signing to agree that it was in good condition when you received it (even though hardly anyone ever opens it and inspects the contents on the doorstep).

You should still have rights to return faulty goods and your statutory rights are protected even though you bought it online, rather than from a shop.

I'd be tempted to call back and insist on a replacement product or full refund and if they give you any ****, threaten them with trading standards.

Worth a go and you do have grounds to complain.
Old 10 January 2006, 10:19 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

read this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3320797.stm

and this

http://www.oft.gov.uk/Consumer/Your+...ome+rights.htm
Old 10 January 2006, 11:02 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

email those 2 links to them the nphone them the next day and repeat your 1st conversation !!!!

the only trouble you have is they can just put the phone down :-(

i had this once with royal mail, they delivered an item but didnt knock loud enuff so i didnt hear them,phoned em up,o.k, re-deliver next day,cool,same thing happened next day,so on the phone, he bitches at me saying i wasting their time, so i kickoff, he puts phone down, i call back,no answer, so i call back he answers, i say donthang up on me, he says why not, i say i live 2 miles away from ur depot and will see u at lunch, he re-delivers next day and knocks loudly, so if i didnt live near by,would of been alot more hassle, and they know it !!!

good luck.....

Last edited by ex-webby; 11 January 2006 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11 January 2006, 01:28 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

What have we said that is wrong? I certainly at this stage haven't said definitively that you've done it, but it looks a distinct possibility that it "could" have happened at your end. I certainly didn't say tough, so if you can make up comments like that, what else may you have said that was not true/innacurate?

We inspect everything that goes out like this, and as you clearly state, you did not inspect it prior to opening so can't say it was like it when you received it.

I'm sorry but I have already done more than a lot would, My responsibility is to check it was in saleable condition when it is sent out, which we did. Your responsibility is to check it's in good order when it arrives. (Which it seems you didn't)

You've then fitted it, the prime period for things getting knocked/damaged is during installation. You claim however that it arrived damaged, but then say you noticed when you fitted it?

While it is more likley that it has been damaged during fitting, (remember we've been selling fitting and dealing with issues like this for over 6 years now) I have STILL offered to have a look at it.

While it's highly unlikely that it went out or even arrived damaged, I can't say any more until we've seen it. I'm not sure what you thought posting a complaint up here may do but it hasn't really changed the situation much if at all has it.

Just remember, complaining, demanding a solution that suits you regardless of the possibility of it being something more obvious does not mean that you've been a victim of anyone.

We're honest, upfront and resolve issues that are real. Not all issues are what the complainant might have you believe!

Mike

Last edited by ex-webby; 11 January 2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11 January 2006, 01:43 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Tuckwood
What have we said that is wrong? I certainly at this stage haven't said definitively that you've done it, but it looks a distinct possibility that it "could" have happened at your end. I certainly didn't say tough, so if you can make up comments like that, what else may you have said that was not true/innacurate?

We inspect everything that goes out like this, and as you clearly state, you did not inspect it prior to opening so can't say it was like it when you received it.

I'm sorry but I have already done more than a lot would, My responsibility is to check it was in saleable condition when it is sent out, which we did. Your responsibility is to check it's in good order when it arrives. (Which it seems you didn't)

You've then fitted it, the prime period for things getting knocked/damaged is during installation. You claim however that it arrived damaged, but then say you noticed when you fitted it?

While it is more likley that it has been damaged during fitting, (remember we've been selling fitting and dealing with issues like this for over 6 years now) I have STILL offered to have a look at it.

While it's highly unlikely that it went out or even arrived damaged, I can't say any more until we've seen it. I'm not sure what you thought posting a complaint up here may do but it hasn't really changed the situation much if at all has it.

Just remember, complaining, demanding a solution that suits you regardless of the possibility of it being something more obvious does not mean that you've been a victim of anyone.

We're honest, upfront and resolve issues that are real. Not all issues are what the complainant might have you believe!

Mike
Scooby Mania.
Personally I agree that you probably have people trying it on, on a regular basis and that your retail experience no doubt raises suspicion when someone reports a faulty unit, particularly if your pre-shipment QA is as comprehensive as you imply.

I also agree that the best policy for you may be to have a look at the unit to try and determine the cause of the damage.

However, if it was me and I was satisfied that the goods were either shipped faulty or were damaged in transit, I would expect a no questions, return or refund policy to be offered.

If the goods were shipped faulty, (and there are ALWAYS exceptions to any quality audit process), or the goods were damaged by the courier, the customer does not waive his/her statutory rights just because they've signed for the package.

Unless there's more than this than meets the eye, (and inevitably there often is), good customer service practice would be to assume the customer is telling the truth and offer them a replacement unit or full refund, assuming the claim was made within a reasonable time of the purchase, (ie. not 3 months down the line).
Old 11 January 2006, 01:49 PM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

If the product has been fitted you can't go back and say "damaged on delivery" It's your responsibility to check this. I would have called them the day it arrived and told them. Not a few weeks later after fitting... if I was in this situation I would not expect any type of refund. I would still call and see what they can offer. can it be fixed etc...?

G.
Old 11 January 2006, 03:54 PM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Tuckwood

Mike

The damage could not be seen through the packaging! And as I explained I didnt remove the gauge until I finished installing all the pipe work from the rear of the box.
At this point I emailed u! I then located the item in ur pod and took photos to add to my email! I phoned u the first day after the new year as I had no email response and you said that I had damaged it and were very hostal. The problem must have been there when packaged by auto meter but your respose was not what I expected. I have put this down to a bad experience now. And shall not repeated it. I do note that you also have no sales policy on your site!?!?
Old 11 January 2006, 04:51 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

This is only my opinion but surely the best bet would have been to post the unit back to the supplier and allow them to check it before trying to search for any legal stand points. I am currently studying law and have already studied consumer law so am more than aware of all the rights you have but the best option is first try and solve any problem without the need to use any of them! You should send the unit back and give the supplier the chance to see the problem for themselves you may even be pleasently supprised by the outcome. Send the package recorded delivery so there can't be any problems and then if theres still a problem then look at where you stand. I think its a bit unfair to state negative comments about a supplier without first giving them to prove themselves. (You could also damage your position by posting comments like this). This is only my opinion but i think you should give them the chance
Old 11 January 2006, 05:28 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Post it back at who's cost? I'm sorry but if you're an online retailer that relies on couriers to deliver their products to their customers, you have to accept a certain number of items will be damaged in transit. That also applies to the original supplier of the item, (eg. Auto Meter).

Therefore there should not be a great deal of suprise if a customer rings up to report a damaged product. My only mitigation for the online retailer would be if they had a genuine basis for suspicion that the goods were damaged by the customer, perhaps during installation.

You'll find that a lot of reputable online retailers will automatically ship you a replacement unit and will include a pre-paid, addressed courier envelope for the customer to return the faulty unit. A simple process that ensures the customer is happy and experiences as little inconvenience as possible.

That way you don't get people posting sh1tty comments on message boards and forums.
Old 12 January 2006, 03:27 AM
trigot33
Scooby Regular

this is never a good thing. Accusations and more accusations only make other folk and potential customers paranoid on dealing with suppliers. imo the supplier of a particular product has always got the customers by the short and curlies.They can make life difficult if they want but the best approach as was mentioned earlier is to deal with them and give them the opportunity to resolve the issue. Personally i cant see the company in question going bad over a silly lil gauge / meter or whatever else u bought, so hope all works out well for both parties concerned.
Old 12 January 2006, 03:29 AM
trigot33
Scooby Regular

paying by credit card is always a great idea as you can sue both card provider and supplier if you expectations are not met,,,and any supplier is not so quick to be cocky either !!!!!!!!
Old 12 January 2006, 07:18 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

I'm struggling to see where the problem is here - let the company inspect the unit. If they find that it was faulty - because of dispatch then they will replace the unit.
Old 12 January 2006, 08:25 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Is writing "nebody" really any easier than writing "anybody"?

[Spinal Tap]

It's one longer

[/Spinal Tap]

Old 12 January 2006, 08:40 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Get a life Bubba!
Old 12 January 2006, 08:54 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Is writing "nebody" really any easier than writing "anybody"?

[Spinal Tap]

It's one longer

[/Spinal Tap]

Its funny, I thought that yesterday but didnt post it