NEVER TOO OLD

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2006, 09:20 PM
stann01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEVER TOO OLD

just recently got shot of my scoob
and said to my missus that it wont be long before i get another one, to which she replied `no your not and any case your too old `

i dont care how old i am when i finally get another i am now nearly 35!
but yesterday went to exmouth to see my eldest son from previous relations!
and cruising down the strip saw a lovely P1 coming at me, at the wheel was a oldish chap 50/60`s ?
well there is hope for me i thought!!!
Old 03 January 2006, 09:27 PM
Crazy Chick
Scooby Regular

If you're too old at 35 half the scooby drivers will have to get rid of theirs too.
Old 03 January 2006, 10:14 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

DON'T LISTEN TO THE WIMMINS.

Go out and buy another scoob immediately.
Old 03 January 2006, 10:23 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

sheeeet! i'd get rid of the missius! think of the diff uses and see who comes up trumps!

Old 03 January 2006, 10:25 PM
Woody1
Scooby Regular

It has took me until my thirties to afford such a car (uk STi 2002). I enjoy it and don't give a toss about my age. I am a responsible father and endeviour to bring my children up right, but intend to still have fun myself until I die. My son is car mad, so it isn't just me who appreciates the scoob.

If you are more concered about what other people think, then sell it. If you enjoy it and don't give a f*ck about other opinions, then keep it. Most people I know (at work) drive round in Vauxhall diesels and such, so see me as a bit of an oddball. They must get their stimulation from other hobbies so good luck to them, but I like motor racing and fast cars (as well as flying but can no longer support the two hobbies).

I have a mate who idolises Scoobies, but wastes his life playing 'mister middle of the road thirty something man with too many responsibilities to have such a car' !!! Sorry but thats like waiting to die.

Thing is too.....Your missus should love and respect you for what you are, not make you feel guilty for it. Tell her she's being selfish and you are off down the pub to sulk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I met my responsibilities by selling my Supra and buying a four door practical saloon car. Thats maturity as far as it should go !!!!!!!

Off to play on the scalextric now. Bye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03 January 2006, 10:41 PM
Crazy Chick
Scooby Regular

Well said!!
Old 03 January 2006, 10:42 PM
Crazy Chick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
DON'T LISTEN TO THE WIMMINS.

Go out and buy another scoob immediately.
Bubba -

Trending Topics

Old 03 January 2006, 10:44 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Woody1
It has took me until my thirties to afford such a car (uk STi 2002). I enjoy it and don't give a toss about my age. I am a responsible father and endeviour to bring my children up right, but intend to still have fun myself until I die. My son is car mad, so it isn't just me who appreciates the scoob.

If you are more concered about what other people think, then sell it. If you enjoy it and don't give a f*ck about other opinions, then keep it. Most people I know (at work) drive round in Vauxhall diesels and such, so see me as a bit of an oddball. They must get their stimulation from other hobbies so good luck to them, but I like motor racing and fast cars (as well as flying but can no longer support the two hobbies).

I have a mate who idolises Scoobies, but wastes his life playing 'mister middle of the road thirty something man with too many responsibilities to have such a car' !!! Sorry but thats like waiting to die.

Thing is too.....Your missus should love and respect you for what you are, not make you feel guilty for it. Tell her she's being selfish and you are off down the pub to sulk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I met my responsibilities by selling my Supra and buying a four door practical saloon car. Thats maturity as far as it should go !!!!!!!

well said that chap you sound bizzarely like my good self
Old 03 January 2006, 11:51 PM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

Ive seen the guy in the p1 in exmouth! last time I saw him was on the seafront and the car was a fairly bug platered and he had about 3 trackers etc on the windshield! He was defo over 60! Gd on him!
Old 04 January 2006, 06:24 AM
stann01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Woody1

lol she hates em with a passion!
she even says `its just a car`

um NO! its not i say but it falls on deaf ears
she has said btw if i get another one i will be single?

lol oh well!
Old 04 January 2006, 08:20 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

She's being unreasonable. Can you afford to run it? If so, then stand up for yourself.
Old 04 January 2006, 08:28 AM
jowl
Scooby Regular

My Mates' gf/wives all ask when I'm "going to get a practical,proper car" (WTF, it's got 4 doors!)

My mates say they wish they could have a 'real' car like mine instead of the 'family' car they drive

My gf says I love the scoob more than her........
Old 04 January 2006, 09:09 AM
mal ishus
Scooby Regular

after having bikes for the last 40 yrs and the family telling me i am to old to be on them now so i sold them, that really made me feel my age just before xmas i got an 05 WRX with PPP fitted when the boys saw that on the drive they were gob smacked,have found with it every body wants to pass you its great seeing there faces in the mirror when they realise what speed you've took them into a bend at can only get better.
AND THIS IS AT 57 YR OLD ferk the labels if it feels good do it.

EVERY BODY DIES BUT NOT EVERY BODY LIVES
Old 04 January 2006, 09:36 AM
Oldfella
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mal ishus
EVERY BODY DIES BUT NOT EVERY BODY LIVES
Well said
Old 04 January 2006, 09:41 AM
dave_1
Scooby Regular

im 39 got an sti an evo ix suzuki gsxr 750 ktm 450! grow up never!!
Old 04 January 2006, 10:11 AM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=

EVERY BODY DIES BUT NOT EVERY BODY LIVES[/QUOTE]

This is so true...

What you going to spend that extra money on - placebos!! That's what - you be sat there playing xbox driving games silently holding back the tears until something inside you goes BANG and you flip out and do something far more ridiculous and potentially detrimental to your relationship...it'll come - from a dark and mysterious place

the mid life crisis is no myth its a consequence of pent up male energy bursting free after years of forced suppresion...

There are serious forces of nature being dealt with here - they are more than just 'boys toys' - when women begin to understand that they may begin to understand the men they live with...and be glad it's 'the car that get's his juices running' and not some 22 year old busty tart at work...

If you were alive 2000 years ago would you be the glorious charioteer or the the dusty old guy on the mule towing some old nagging hag up the hill ?

BUT on the other hand - You let that fire go out inside of you and your already on your way out...it'll take some pretty radical inner strength to get it lit again..

Here's my advice...

If you can afford it - Get a FASTER SCOOBY IMMEDIATELY and tell her your doing if FOR HER!
Old 04 January 2006, 10:11 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

More mature owner could be better for the marque - also liable to better cope finiacilaly and not 'decorate' the thing..
Old 04 January 2006, 10:21 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

38 and my wife wanted me to get another, said I just didnt look right in my VRS , so I did
Old 04 January 2006, 10:37 AM
VJ_STi
Scooby Regular

I got mine for my 40th. My wife says she feels like a widow, that I love my car more than her, I'm 40 going on 18, SO BLOODY WHAT I love everything about my car.....even the bright light makes me smile and I tell her it could be worse I could be out chasing other women, at which point she usually stops moaning.

On the plus side the wife loves the car as much as me and when we are driving down the road my 5yr old girl shouts theres a scooby and she will tell me if its a classic or a bug eye so at least I am brining my kid up right as well

If you like it and want it and can afford it then have it ! What are you going to do save your money all your life so when you die you can give it all to your kids so they can go out and buy a scooby and say "Dad would have loved this" ?
Old 04 January 2006, 10:50 AM
scoobydoo one
Scooby Regular

my old man thats 57 doesnt like driving my scooby says its to fast for him
he prefers to drive my 1969 series 2 landy says it more his cup of tea
Old 04 January 2006, 11:02 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

well Im 40 drive the Green Wagon and feel a daft teenager again

when I drive the wifes Octavia L&K which is agreat car there is no

Passion

feeling of urgency

and feel like a run of the mill chap like every other commuter on the road

I like excitement and living in the FAST lane

I look at my bulging midriff and slighty balding /greying features and realise I want to slow the clock down

Yes its a fact that we all get older but the

pubs
Discos
wild Dancing
chasing /looking at fit birds half my age

and generally being a clown

and most of all my beloved Scooby with a really big exhaust keeps my Young
and thats what life should be about

Buy another scooby and if the misses objects

Boot her out and get a young sexy replacement :
Old 04 January 2006, 11:21 AM
Crazy Chick
Scooby Regular

A car by any other name other than Subaru is not a real car. After owning one where do you go from there?? If your wives/girlfriends don't like them and refuse to go out in them - their loss!
Old 04 January 2006, 11:25 AM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

This should be a sticky IMO - far too many guys out there turning in their 'second love' under 'advisement' from their first love...and it really is not good for their relationship in the long term...

After all she's probably already got a bloody great house out of the deal (the biggest expense you've EVER had!) and maybe some wonderful children ( that you both love)! Don't get me wrong I love my wife and I'd do anything for her but let's be honest if you were single you'd be living in a cheap flat with three batchelor boys playing the field - you've made the concession to live and love like a family man and your more than happy with that - in all honesty you wouldn't want it any other way but fair's fair - let's be allowed to keep SOME REMENANT of our former glory...

as for financial reasons - tell your boss you need a promotion, better pay - tell him straight 'I'VE GOT A BLOODY SCOOBY - HELP ME OUT HERE MAN!'

if he's half a man he'll understand...if not he's WEAK and game for replacement - you can take him down!!Get HIS job then you can have TWO SCOOBIES!

Just don't give in - NEVER GIVE IN...
Old 04 January 2006, 12:38 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been a car nut all my life, went through the "sensible" stage and out again! Got my first Scoob at 56 (before which I had a VERY moddied Mondeo) I'm now nearly 62 and drive an 03 STi with all the usual mods. My wife accepts this is ME (has done for 35 yrs!!) Mind you, she's spent a few bob on horses over the years! (owning, not betting)
JohnD
Old 04 January 2006, 01:29 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by jowl
My Mates' gf/wives all ask when I'm "going to get a practical,proper car" (WTF, it's got 4 doors!)

My mates say they wish they could have a 'real' car like mine instead of the 'family' car they drive

My gf says I love the scoob more than her........
To which you replied

"Shut up and pass the polish?"

not my line btw someone else said that on a similar thread a while back and I was smiling for days.

NS04
Old 04 January 2006, 01:44 PM
stantd04
Scooby Regular

Heh, heh, this sounds like the argument I had with my wife when I was choosing my next car after a Rover 1.4.

I went ahead and ordered a 5dr, as the concession to extra practicality, since the full size pram fitted ok in it. The Sport would not do; it had to be the turbo (UK).

Previous to that, I was getting increasingly depressed about it, and being ever more destructive in the relationship with my wife, and I didn't care too much at that point; having already conceded a lotus elise as 'not being a practical car for a couple'.

After about 6 years of mucking about, with exhausts, fuel pumps, brakes, hybrid turbos and remaps, I'm still happy when I drive it, and can't think of what I'd have if I had to trade it in.

My point is, if you're going to be miserable for the next few years thinking about it, then get one. The flipside, could actually be more expensive, in legal fees, etc.
Old 04 January 2006, 03:20 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

What utter barricks, the older you get the cheaper the insurance

I'm 35 and love my Scoob, it's a wagon though, does that count ?

Rob
Old 04 January 2006, 03:27 PM
666pug
Scooby Regular

Women are just like cars, If it starts whining, get yourself a newer model.
Old 04 January 2006, 03:43 PM
stann01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 666pug
Women are just like cars, If it starts whining, get yourself a newer model.

that sounds like good advice to me lol
Old 04 January 2006, 04:46 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

I have loved cars all my life.Was married for 23years then divorced. Had wanted a decent car all that time but stuck with the boring old company fleet cars because of the usual 'we can't afford it' ,'it's not a family car' bo**ocks.

Just do it,you will not be sorry.Wish I had done it earlier...go on assert your masculinity. Men are now playing a role they wer never designed to fullfil & most women just abuse them for it......I'm not bitter!!!

Anyway you could get a Legacy B4 RSK like me & she wouldnt even know it was a Subaru........believe me no one else has clue what it is if you ask them.

Legacy symbol badge on the bonnet & tiny 'subaru' on the boot.Virtualy undetectable .Also good if your like me and self-concsious about being 50+ and feel a little comfort & descretion are required.