Wow!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2006, 10:01 PM
MUdassar
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow!!

Alright guys..
Just thought i would introduce myself.My name is Maz and have recently bought a sept 2003 scoob wrx PPP.Best thing i have ever bought. I preveiosly drove a BMW 750 v12.Bit of a change lol.Anyway just thought i would introduce myself, thinkin of modding my panel filter any suggestions. I am in Manchester so any advice on meets etc would be appreciated thanks guys.
Old 02 January 2006, 10:07 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Welcome aboard

For filters try any of the following, STi, K&N, Green or J&R
Checkout http://www.scoobysmacs.co.uk/
Old 02 January 2006, 10:31 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

once you start modding you never stop! Dont do it, before you know it, it'll be new exhaust, remaps, new turbo, cold air intakes, new wastegates, knocklinks and a big bill!
Old 02 January 2006, 10:34 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by a scoobynet person
once you start modding you never stop! Dont do it, before you know it, it'll be VTA dump valves, flamer kits, ironing-board spoilers, rally graphics and a big bell-end growing out of your forehead.
Old 02 January 2006, 11:47 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Old 03 January 2006, 09:35 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by MUdassar
Alright guys..
Just thought i would introduce myself.My name is Maz and have recently bought a sept 2003 scoob wrx PPP.Best thing i have ever bought. I preveiosly drove a BMW 750 v12.Bit of a change lol.Anyway just thought i would introduce myself, thinkin of modding my panel filter any suggestions. I am in Manchester so any advice on meets etc would be appreciated thanks guys.
Welcome aboard. That is a change of cars! The WRX PPP is in a very good stage of tune for a fast road car. Personally, I wouldn't fiddle with it under the bonnet, especially given that it may well invalidate your warranty. If you want to go quicker, look at some very cost effective modifications to the brakes and suspension. Have a word with Powerstation.

All the best,

NS04
Old 03 January 2006, 09:44 AM
Mikkk
Scooby Regular

Welcome to ScoobyNet

PS. LOL@Bubba ... worryingly true
Old 03 January 2006, 10:28 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

MUdassar, welcome to scoobynet, and hope you checked out the link to our site
richiewong, thanks for the heads up
As for panel filter modding, what makes you want to mod the panel filter? Why that particular item first?
If you want a better all round scooby, look at the handling dept. first. Just got my new my03 sti, and concentrating on the handling first, new anti-lift kit, new rear adjustable roll bar to start. (Ignore the fact I'm going for a remap on thursday, thats a competition win, and wouldn't have been on the cards for a while )
Next up will be ast suspension, then 18" prodrive wrc wheels and tyres See, once you start, you really can't stop. Hope to see you out and about soon, and if your up for it, we've a meet on thursday as our official 1st meet of the month
and here's what you missed yesterday

chris.
Old 03 January 2006, 12:12 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SNet, and echo both CW42 and NS04. Suspension and brake mods will reap more benefits than performance mods per pound. The car already has plenty of power, but the handling and braking can be its Achilles heal. A better rear ARB and solid links will reduce understeer (common Scoob problem) and improve cornering stability allowing faster progress. After that it's a case of how much cash you wanna inject. Prodrive/Eibach springs will improve things a lot, but ultimately a set of adjustable coilovers will create an awesome road weapon. You may also want to look into a better front ARB, and possibly the anti-lift kit (which modifies the front suspension mounting points to create better geometry settings when under compression (I think ). The brakes can be improved reasonably well on a budget by adding braided lines, uprated DOT5.1 fluid and better pads (Ferodo/Pagid/Mintex). Again, as with anything cash can take you further into AP 6 pots etc.
As for the panel filter, here's what I just typed on another thread...
Originally Posted by Me
I have a JR Racing panel with the air-intake silencer and ram-air scoop removed, and the airbox sealed to the wing to ensure cool clean air in plentiful supply. Works a treat, with nice induction noise, spool-up whistle and even a dump whooosh from the OE recirc valve. After doing this I found the engine runs slightly cooler when in traffic (probably as it's not sucking in engine bay air) and the turbo spools up a couple of hundred rpm earlier. £45 for the filter and free to remove the other bits No problems with sensors after 2 years and 25k miles.
For details of this mod, use search and the word "resonator"