Sponsored by:

idiot on ebay mess me around

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2005, 04:44 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry idiot on ebay mess me around

Hi guys, I havent really purchased anything on ebay but have been browsing for quite a while now.

The other day i come across a tailgate and waited until the auction come close to end i.e. yesterday. It was around an hour left when i realised that the seller had somehow increased the auction end by a day.

Nevertheless i still put down 5 pounds to start things off a little since the starting bit was 99p. Funny enough i win the item today and contact the seller.

Receive a reply and am told to ring them on their mobile and arrange collection. When i ring, im told to ring back after an hour.

I ring after an hour and am told, "sorry mate, it was sold over a week ago for 75 quid and its a genuine mistake" Im like why didnt you tell me when i made the bid and the guy goes, well we sold so many items and made a *** up of things etc.

Ironically, as someone pointed out to me. Someone asked them a question 2 days ago if they would sell the waist spoiler separate to which they replied it isnt worth it for them hence implying he didnt sell it over a week ago for 75 quid.

Now left with nothing more to do and as i was pi$$ed off, I left nagative feedback but they also left neutral feedback when i had done nothign wrong

They were begging me not to leave negative feedback but i found no reason why not to as i was totally messed around with. and then they get all agressive, "were gona leave u bad feedback too"

how can i complain to ebay about this. Ive found the following three ebay sections dealing with complaints but dont see any of them being relevant

Complaint - Online Fraud Complaint
Complaint about non-delivery or incorrect delivery of goods
Complaint, Standard Purchase Protection Programme

any help guys

cheers
Old 06 December 2005, 04:49 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Unfortunatly mate i dont think there is alot you can do, except to put it down as experience.
Old 06 December 2005, 04:52 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alloy
Unfortunatly mate i dont think there is alot you can do, except to put it down as experience.
hmm, thats pretty tight if nothing is done. I mean people could go around leaving fake feedbacks and nothing done about them ifthats the case
Old 06 December 2005, 04:55 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
hmm, thats pretty tight if nothing is done. I mean people could go around leaving fake feedbacks and nothing done about them ifthats the case
i think you can appeal a negative feedback, best bet is to fire an email off to ebay and see what they say, I appreciate where your comming from and totally agree with you, having been in your position as well
Old 06 December 2005, 04:56 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alloy
i think you can appeal a negative feedback, best bet is to fire an email off to ebay and see what they say, I appreciate where your comming from and totally agree with you, having been in your position as well
lol theres so many links on ebay, dont know which one to go to
Old 06 December 2005, 04:58 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/feedback/index.html
Old 06 December 2005, 04:59 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

more specifically
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/feedbac...-disputes.html
good luck, fight the good fight
Old 06 December 2005, 05:02 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

was it the silver wrx wagon boot by chance?
Old 06 December 2005, 05:03 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

no a burgendy type.
Old 06 December 2005, 05:09 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Ebay wont do anything - winning a bid on Ebay is not legally enforcable, either for the buyer or the seller, so they are quite within their rights not to sell the item to you for whatever reason they want.

The only thing you can do is what you've already done, and thats leave negative feedback to warn other buyers about them.

If Ebay remove his neutral comment, they will also remove the negative you left for him, so you'll be no better off - just leave a follow up on his neutral saying he refused to sell after you won.
Old 06 December 2005, 05:13 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Ebay wont do anything - winning a bid on Ebay is not legally enforcable, either for the buyer or the seller, so they are quite within their rights not to sell the item to you for whatever reason they want.

The only thing you can do is what you've already done, and thats leave negative feedback to warn other buyers about them.

If Ebay remove his neutral comment, they will also remove the negative you left for him, so you'll be no better off - just leave a follow up on his neutral saying he refused to sell after you won.
that is pretty lame, im gona have to do that then
Old 06 December 2005, 05:18 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry if i've misread this, but if you didnt actually buy anything off the chap why did you leave each other feedback?

Surely you just mutually agree to cancel the sale and thats the end of it, then all you've done is missed out on a bit of a bargain not done any feedback damage.
Old 06 December 2005, 05:29 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Robbie T
I'm sorry if i've misread this, but if you didnt actually buy anything off the chap why did you leave each other feedback?

Surely you just mutually agree to cancel the sale and thats the end of it, then all you've done is missed out on a bit of a bargain not done any feedback damage.
reason being, as far as i know about ebay. U bid and if you win you are really bound to buy that item as well as the seller bound to sell the item unless the item was removed before auction ending.

I had won the item and am told after WINNING the item that it was sold over a week ago. Why didnt he tell me that when i made the bid

why is it that he increased the auction by a day if he had already sold it

why did he reply to someone asking to split if it had already been sold

So i think i have been messed around and lied to. Which is a very genuine reason to leave a feedback if you are told garbage by the seller of not wanting to sell to you just because you won an item at a very low price
Old 06 December 2005, 05:44 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
reason being, as far as i know about ebay. U bid and if you win you are really bound to buy that item as well as the seller bound to sell the item unless the item was removed before auction ending.

I had won the item and am told after WINNING the item that it was sold over a week ago. Why didnt he tell me that when i made the bid

why is it that he increased the auction by a day if he had already sold it

why did he reply to someone asking to split if it had already been sold

So i think i have been messed around and lied to. Which is a very genuine reason to leave a feedback if you are told garbage by the seller of not wanting to sell to you just because you won an item at a very low price
It does sound a bit suss so i can see why your pissed about it, you can mutually cancel the 'contract' of sale between you and the seller. I bought somethhing off ebay with a buy it now price and somehow managed to buy it twice, when i explained this to the seller they cancelled it and we didn't leave any feedback.

I understand this is a little late now, to be honest i would have got him to leave positive feedback and you do the same and put it down to experience then you aren't harmed with neutral feedback.

Hope you sort it out with him
Old 06 December 2005, 05:49 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Robbie T
It does sound a bit suss so i can see why your pissed about it, you can mutually cancel the 'contract' of sale between you and the seller. I bought somethhing off ebay with a buy it now price and somehow managed to buy it twice, when i explained this to the seller they cancelled it and we didn't leave any feedback.

I understand this is a little late now, to be honest i would have got him to leave positive feedback and you do the same and put it down to experience then you aren't harmed with neutral feedback.

Hope you sort it out with him
yeah true but the thing is, he let the auction end maybe thinking someone will bid more than me. Realising hes made a fumble hes using cover up stories and is now sending me emails like. Who do you think people will believe me or you as u have 0 feedback. welli have zero feedback as its the first item i have bid for but people would believe me since u have a public question by someone wanting to split lol and u said its not worth it. But hold on u said it was sold over a week ago lol
Old 06 December 2005, 06:03 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

One of the reasons I've pretty much given up on ebay I'm afraid. Far too many idiots on it today.
If you are bothered about the feedback sign up with ebay with a different name.
Sure I read something on here about if you leave feedback with an email and then contact ebay it can be removed - but then so will his !
Richard
Old 06 December 2005, 06:05 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rsarjantson
One of the reasons I've pretty much given up on ebay I'm afraid. Far too many idiots on it today.
If you are bothered about the feedback sign up with ebay with a different name.
Sure I read something on here about if you leave feedback with an email and then contact ebay it can be removed - but then so will his !
Richard

aah nevermind, i think neutral isnt too bad really is it
Old 06 December 2005, 07:00 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

A Neutral wont count towards your feedback percentage ( his neg you left will though ! ) so I wouldnt worry too much.

To clear it up, even if both parties mutually agree to forget the transaction, you can BOTH still leave feedback - the ability to do this doesnt get cancelled as well.

Despite the BS Ebay spout on the site, a winning bid doesnt legally bind either person to go through with the sale - the buyer can choose not to pay, or the seller can choose not to sell.
Old 06 December 2005, 07:03 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
A Neutral wont count towards your feedback percentage ( his neg you left will though ! ) so I wouldnt worry too much.

To clear it up, even if both parties mutually agree to forget the transaction, you can BOTH still leave feedback - the ability to do this doesnt get cancelled as well.

Despite the BS Ebay spout on the site, a winning bid doesnt legally bind either person to go through with the sale - the buyer can choose not to pay, or the seller can choose not to sell.
lol damn n i thought its one of those things where u must pay if u win otherwise u get scrwed by ebay. lo ldamn it turns out i knew very little about ebay and now realise why there are so many scams going on
Old 06 December 2005, 07:17 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

If you buy and dont pay more than 3 times in a month you can get your account banned, but its so easy to just set up another one then most people dont care.

The problem with Ebay is they are so scared of putting off potential users that they dont do any checks to see if people are who they say they are when they join up.

How hard would it be for them to let you sign up for an account, but post you a PIN number to the address you've registered with, and not let you use the account until you enter the PIN - this wouldnt stop the hardcore scammers who just use mail drops, but would kill off a lot of it overnight if people knew they had to have their real address on there for buyers or sellers to see.

Ebay really is becoming a bit of a joke - they are about the worlds most shortsighted company - as long as they are getting income they dont care if people on the site get ripped off - just keep the shareholders happy !

If anyone ( like Microsoft or Google ) ever open a competing site with proper security measures, Ebay is going to end up going down the pan pretty quickly.
Old 06 December 2005, 07:24 PM
ROOBY_ROO
Scooby Regular

you can post a follow up to his feedback, just ask fellow ebayers when they read your feedback to e mail you and find out the real reason why you were left a neutral fb, or you should have done a crafty one and agree to leave each other pos fb and after hed left yours give him some sh@t,
Old 07 December 2005, 09:47 AM
yam got a scooby
Scooby Regular

Same old story with Ebay mate... They wont do anything about anything, you will be lucky to even get a response to an email.

I bet this seller still has the item he just didnt want to let it go for a fiver. You will probably see it back on there in a few days.
Old 07 December 2005, 11:35 AM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yam got a scooby
Same old story with Ebay mate... They wont do anything about anything, you will be lucky to even get a response to an email.

I bet this seller still has the item he just didnt want to let it go for a fiver. You will probably see it back on there in a few days.
aah yeah ure right mate. Ebay however did get back to me and were being very sympathetic saying stuff like "we're really do feel for you on this one but we cant retract your feedback unless you mutually agree bladibla". N then even go as far as saying "we would have also done the same as waht you did as it does annoy you". lol thanks for the nice comments but what does that do for me LOL

N Rooby Roo, yes i should have done that. Messed myself up there

nevermind, at least neutral doesnt effect you score much. As did the negative i gave him lol